Chapter 6

Other students roamed in the same area of the temple. A huge shivling stood in the middle.

"Daniel, take photos of this" she ordered her partner. 

A group of girls gave Durga some looks when she ordered Dan. Durga could hear them whisper all the rubbish things about her. She rolled her eyes and focused on the beautiful shivling. She watched the shivling and tried to predict the height. The shivling stood on the ground rather than the floor of the temple.

"The temple was built around the shivling" she informed her partner in a low voice. 

"Oh" he replied not paying much attention. 

She noted down information that she saw there in her note book. They walked to every wall of the temple and studied every small sculpture or windows that were on it.

"Can we go from here now?" Daniel asked growing impatient. 

"No, wait!" Durga said as she looked at a small sculpture on the wall. "Oh my god!" she gasped. 

"What? What is it?" Daniel asked as his voice trembled.

"Look at her face!" she pointed. 

Daniel bent down to see the small structure. "Yes, this lady is sexy and beautiful" he answered after looking closely.

She let out a sigh of frustration.

"No idiot, this lady is not exactly a lady. She is a Rakshasi, a demoness!" she whispered so that no one else could hear.

 "Jesus, really?" he asked with widened eyes. 

"Yes" she said as she bent down at his level. "Watch carefully, this lady has protruding teeth!" she said pointing out them with her pen.

He thinned his eyes and then widened them to see properly as the room was dark. "Yes, it somehow looks like that" he answered after few seconds. 

So, you mean to say this is.....?" he asked.

Durga nodded.

"Oh wow! I hope no one has got this information. I think we will get the highest score then. Let me take a closer snap" he said with a happy face. 

"Yes, most probably. But we need to be surer. Let's see the outer walls, maybe we can find something more" she said with a serious face. She walked out with him. They found another small temple at the south side of the temple but there were yellow tapes that ran around it signaling it was prohibited.

Durga watched the men work on some sculptures, trying to clean them with extreme care. She had her eyes on the small temple while Daniel studied another small, female figurine with a snake around her waist.

"Durga, look here, I think you are right. This is a temple of ......"he stopped when he saw that his partner was not concentrating on his words. He placed his hand on her shoulder while she had her back to him.

"Durga?" he called out.

 She turned around and held his sleeve. She stared in his eyes. 

"What?" Daniel asked as he was confused. "We need to go there" she whispered to him. He looked at the side of her head and understood what she meant.

"But, we are not allowed to go there" he informed loudly.

"Doesn't matter, I need to go there" she demanded.

"Okay" he said in a shaky voice feeling threatened by the woman he was with.

 They passed a group of boys who grinned and commented at a nude sculpture of a woman. Durga rolled her eyes as she heard their talks and Daniel watched the sculpture with wide eyes.