Chapter 12

She rested her arms lazily on the ground to support herself as she watched her friends running around, chasing each other like kids. She did watch them but her thoughts were stuck on a person she had met earlier, Sahaya!

She had a very bad feeling in her guts that something was very wrong with that man. She was attracted to him, not in a way she was familiar with. She looked at the old monuments again and tried to make an imaginable story in her head that could fit the scenario.

All she could think of a love story between those two figures which Sahaya and she were trying to copy.

"A love story!" she thought and smiled.

Slowly her thoughts were diverted to Sahaya. His voice was ringing in her ears. She blushed as she closed her eyes and imagined his face. But all of a sudden Sahaya's handsome face changed into that of the Rakshas. She curled her brows and opened her eyes instantly.

She remembered everything that happened when she saw the same image of Rakshas for the first time. She tried to find some reason for those 'Weird and scary' visions but concluded them to be hallucinations. 

*****

She was fond of things which people considered as superstition. Although, her mom always had logic behind every superstition she ever believed in but she still believed them to be true. 

The things that happened that day seemed somewhat supernatural and she wanted to discuss the things with her mom. She felt a bit scared actually. She decided she will also ask about it to Sahaya but she wasn't sure what he would think about it. She didn't wish to make a fool of herself in front of him. He didn't seem the type who would believe in such things. But at least she would have a topic to talk about.

******

They were called back by the professors after some time. After watching the sunset, they all got to their boats. While returning home, Indu told her everything that had happened with Thomas and her in the temple. However, she wasn't interested, she kept on checking her phone the whole way in the hope that Sahaya would text her but there were zero messages from him.

Soon she reached her place. She bid farewell to her friends as she was the first one to get off the bus. She started to walk towards her house. Suddenly, her phone beeped and she almost jumped in excitement hearing the sound. She pulled the phone out of her pocket but it was a message from the telephone company.

She frowned and pushed the phone in her pocket but the phone beeped again. She pulled it out slowly expecting it to be another company message and instead it was a message from Sahaya. 

"Hi, did you reach home?" the message said. 

"Yeah" she replied and smiled to herself.

She reached her home and waited for his reply. The network was very weak but she was used to it. 

"Maa, I am back" she yelled when she reached near the door. 

"Oh my darling, come inside! You look tired, dear. Go take a bath. I have the food ready" she informed as she helped her take off the bag from her back and then snatched away the phone from her.

Durga pulled back the phone from her hand quickly. Her mom stared at her face with a confused look. She stared at her brownish eyes and there was an awkward silence between them.

"What happened?" her mom asked. 

"Nothing" she answered rudely.

Her phone beeped again and she turned around as she opened the message.

"I want to ask you something, I need to explain that. May I call you?" the message said. She smiled reading it.

 "Not now, I am with my mom. I will give you a missed call when I will be alone till then we can chat!" she replied.