Chapter 5

Indu watched them walk away leaving her all alone. She stood and stared at her friend. "Sit down, Indu" Durga ordered. She quickly settled down on the seat.

"What happened to you, Indu?" she asked. 

"Nothing" she managed to say.

"Then why are you shivering?" Durga asked with a concern in her voice. Indu tried to come up with an answer but was rather embarrassed to speak up the truth. She stared at her blankly. 

"So?" Durga inquired when she didn't get any answer.

"I thought you would get angry at me!" she finally said with a little confidence.

Durga rolled her eyes and smiled a little.

"Why so?" she asked with a chuckle. "You know, because of that Daniel!" she said and managed a fake forced smile.

"Oh because of him?" she asked. Indu nodded.

"Well, it's nothing, don't worry, girl. Moreover, you had no fault in this" Durga said and placed her hand on her shoulder to comfort her. "Boys are always like this" she added. "Humph" Indu muttered as she felt a relief.

"It's very weird that you 'controlled'!" she said after a while. "I don't get angry without any good reason" Durga explained in a serious tone. "Okay, then it's all well" she said and continued with the chapter which she was reading.

Durga got angry and snatched the book from her.

"What?" Indu asked trying to get back the book. 

"Chat with me!" Durga demanded.

"Oh okay, give the book back, I need to put a mark!" she said and waited.

 "Here" Durga handed her the book. Finally, when she had placed it in the bag, she looked at Durga.

 "So, explain what actually happened?" Durga asked.

Indu narrated the whole story.

"I did that?" Durga questioned. 

"Yes" she replied confidently.

"Now he will think all sorts of dirty things about me" Durga said with a frown. 

"Possibility is there" Indu said and winked. 

"I don't like him, Indumati. So, stop your wild imaginations" Durga stated studying her friend's grin.

"But he does, I guess" Indu said and looked over at the two boys. 

"Hey don't look, they will know we are talking about them and then the things would turn more complicated" Durga said pulling her by her collar.

****

"Students, within few minutes, we are going to reach, so please take all the things you need with you. You won't be allowed to come on the bus for 2 hours and yes, the most important thing, you will have to make a project and write an essay of the place we are going to go. So I say, you all collect as much information you can about the temple when you reach there!" professor Joseph announced.

All the students booed her but she rolled her eyes and sat down on her seat beside her colleague.

"Another project?" Durga asked and let out a sigh.

 "I hate that professor, I thought we are here for a picnic. I bet, she was the one behind all this. Dr. Subramanian is always good with the students" Indu snapped as she crossed her arms over her chest. 

"She might have brainwashed that good man" Durga added as she stared at the window.

Indu and she continued their chat about the huge syllabus and things about the temple that popped up from nowhere.