Chapter 13

"Where are you now?" she asked Sahaya. 

"In my room, I am staying at a hotel here. Did you have your food yet?" 

"No, I will, in few minutes. What about you?" 

 "I am having and chatting with you dear!" 

She felt a little bad that he had to do two things together at the same time. Not that she didn't do the same. She was used to eating and chatting at the same time.

"Eat first, we can chat up later!" 

 "It's all right, I am done!" 

 "Okay then, well wait for few minutes, let me eat first!"

She too wanted to eat and chat but she knew that eating and chatting will take much longer time for her to finish her food, so she decided to do one job at a time.

"Maa, I am done" she informed her mom when she completed her food. 

"Do you want to talk or want to take rest?" her mom inquired as she picked up the dirty plates from the table. She wanted to tell her mom all that had happened in the temple but she also wanted to talk to Sahaya. She had to choose between the two. She remained silent and tried to choose.

"What?" her mom asked after some time.

 "I will go and take rest. I will chat with you later mom!" she said and got up. After washing her dirty hands, she went upstairs and called him. He cut the call and rang her back. 

"So, what is it?" she questioned.

"You are not going to consider me a Crazy man after I say, are you?

"What's to consider, you are a crazy man, aren't you?" she laughed.

She closed her eyes and the same image of Sahaya's face flashed in her mind. She quickly opened her eyes getting scared.

"Durgay! Durga!?" he called.

She could feel the shiver down her spine. She had thought that the things she saw in the pit were hallucinations.

"y-yes?" she asked in a broken voice.

"Are you all right?" 

 "Yeah, no, I don't know!" she answered after drinking some water. "I am seeing things!" she finally said without thinking.

She stood in front of the mirror and studied her reflection, soon the reflection changed into a lady looking like her but with red eyes and curly long hair to the waist. She was dressed in a black and silver sari, worn in the style she had seen in the episodes of Mahabharata. She shrieked loudly, dropping the phone from her hand.

"Durga, Durga!" she could hear her mom running up the stairs. 

"Open the door, Durga!" her mom screamed loudly. 

Her hands were shaking. She slowly went to the door and opened it. "What is it, my dear? What happened? Are you all right?" her mom asked as she hugged her tightly and kissed her face.

She was very shocked. She was unable to speak. She did not know what she would say to her. She watched the mirror with terrified eyes. 

"What was it?" her mom asked. 

"Rat!" she said finally seeing a rat run out from under her bed.

"Oh, shiva! I thought it was something else!" she said sighing loudly. "Let me get the rat out of your room, I will go grab the broom!" she said boldly. 

"No, no need. It just fell on top of me so I got scared. Let it stay. No need to harm it!" she said. 

"Are you sure?" she asked.