Chapter 24

IN AN EMPTY CLASSROOM, AFTER THE COLLEGE HOURS!

"So today, finally we are going to spend the time all alone?" Thomas asked with a smile as he stared at Indu. 

"Yes, but where is Daniel? What happened to him?" she asked.

 "He is a bit.. umm.. sick" Thomas said in a serious tone as the images of the other night flashed in his mind. 

"What happened to him?" 

"Don't know sweetheart, he was talking all crazy things about Sahaya being a Dracula. I told him to stay home and take a full day rest" 

"I think he was way too much worried about Durga!" 

 "Maybe! He loves her a lot" 

"But it is clear from yesterday that Durga loves Sahaya" 

 "Yeah, and the one who rarely lies, had lied to us all the time" 

"She is a bit shy with the matters of her heart and its normal for a girl to be shy in these things" 

"Yeah, right! Durga is a girl. Sometimes I forget that" 

"What do you mean?" 

"No, don't get angry. She looks pretty and sexy as a girl should but her personality and her way of talking rudely is a bit rough doesn't suit on a girl" 

"But she doesn't speak rudely to me, or Sahaya. Well, yeah there are times, she does, but there is always a valid reason behind her rough talk" 

 "It's kind of weird that, that Sahaya guy fell for her. I never thought any man will fall for her" 

"Oh please, what about you Daniel? and you have no idea, how many guys today disturbed me by asking where she is?" 

"Really? Unbelievable! Didn't know she has a fan base. How are things at home?" he asked as he tried to change the topic. 

"Fine for now, that Aryan has gone to Chennai to handle a problem of his father. He won't be coming back for a month or so" 

"Oh, that's better. But please, do something. I don't want to lose you" Thomas explained in a sadder tone as he slowly shifted towards her.

"And I don't want to lose you" she said with tear filled eyes.

"Hey, don't cry, we will find a way to be together. We are meant to be together. I can feel it in my guts" Thomas as he hugged and kissed her forehead. 

"I also feel the same, my dear" she said and placed her head on his chest. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she listened to the faint heart beat in his chest.

"So, do you want to go out today?" he asked as he cupped her face with his hand. 

"Yeah sure, I will let Durga's mom know so that she can lie about me" she said and pulled out her phone from her bag. 

"Naughty girl, aren't you? Sneaking out with boyfriend, making friend's mom lie" he said with a smirk.

 "Sometimes, lying is not a bad thing" she said and pressed the phone to her ear.

"Hello, aunty" 

 "Oh hello, Indu!" 

"How is Durga?" 

"All right, she has been in her room all day, speaking with that Sahaya on her phone!" she said with a  disgust in her tone. 

"Oh" she muttered as she had nothing to say. She realized her mom wasn't that much happy with Sahaya being her friend.