Chapter 28

"Why are they quarreling again? I just went out for 5 minutes" Daniel said as he handed Indu the pack of chips. He sat down beside her as he watched Thomas and Durga, quarreling loudly, in their mother tongue.

"Today's topic: Actor Dhanush vs Actor Vijay" Indu informed and opened the pack.

Indu and Daniel watched them silently as they quarreled with each other.

 "Vijay is the best and that's it" Thomas screamed and stood up. 

"Okay, fine I am letting you win since you are younger than me. Go stay happy with your Vijay" Durga said rudely as she inspected her nails.

"No, you got to accept that Vijay is the best!" Thomas said as he smacked the desk.

"No" she said arrogantly and picked up one of the other packs kept on the desk.

 "Fine" Thomas said rudely and grabbed the last pack.

They both gobbled down the chips as they glared at each other.

 "Oh come on, stop fighting like cats and dogs, will you?" Indu interfered. 

"We are not done!" Thomas threatened and dragged Indu out of the room.

The room became silent after they left the place. Durga looked at her phone which was left on the desk.

"So?" Dan asked as he stared at her. 

"What?" she asked as she munched on the chips.

"Do you want to chat or hang out?" 

 "We are doing that already" 

"Okay"

"Why are you staring ar your phone? Waiting for someone's message?" 

"Yeah, kind of" 

"OK" 

"Sahaya?" 

 "Yes!" 

 "You love him?" 

She looked at him as if he had said something sinful. 

"What? Yes or no?" 

"He is only a friend, I am not in an affair. Yes, I do like him as a friend" 

"Oh, but it did not seem like that, the time we were in hospital" 

"No, seriously Dan, I am not in love or any affair with him. He has sort of become my close friend" 

"Close friend, eh?"

 "yeah!" 

Her phone vibrated and a huge smile appeared on her face. She quickly replied. Dan started laughing as he watched her.

"What is it?" 

"He doesn't seem to be an 'only close friend', he seems much much much more than that. A person smiles like that only when he or she receives a message or call from their crush" 

For the first time, Durga felt defeated in front of Daniel.

"Come on, say it now, you love him?" 

"I don't know" 

Daniel followed her and kept on teasing her all the way till she got on her bus with Indu to head home.

PHONE CALL CONVERSATION:-

"So, how was your day?" Sahaya asked.

"Not pleasing!" 

"Yours?" she asked as she made the bed with her free hand.