Broken- Chapter 17

What I imagine the cabin to sort of look like is above. Comment if you can't see it and I'll pm you the pictures :)
Enjoy!!!!

Nina's pov

I slowly made my way around the cabin, exploring all of its beauty. It was truly beautiful. It had the woodsy cabin feel yet somehow maintained a modern and stylish look.

The kitchen was large with a grey and silver theme. The appliances were newer then I expected and the lay out was absolutely gorgeous. There were hanging bowl lights and the wood floor and ceiling drew it all together.

Next was the gigantic living room/dining room. It continued the woodsy feel more then the kitchen with its large windows, stone fireplace, antler made chandelier and small wooden nick-nacks.

There were four rooms but our bedroom topped them all. The bed was large, and wooden of course, and a large painting hung over it. The room included a smaller version of the antler chandelier and a small table and chair. There were small dressers on each side of the bed and a beautiful cream colored rug on the blue floor. But most of all there was a large window that lined up with the bed that allowed an amazing view of the woods around us.

And last but certainly not least was a small and cozy little library at the back of the cabin. The room was triangular with the back wall made into a bookshelf. There was a small sofa and table infront of the wall with a window on both sides of the ceiling. There was also a window in the middle of the bookshelf wall. The floor was covered in fluffy and unique rugs and the small accessories placed around the room pulled it all together.

I couldn't contain my excitement as I rushed over to look at the numerous amount of books. I pulled out my favorite, East of Eden by John Steinbeck, and curled up on the small couch. It couldn't have been more than 30 seconds before Aaron came bursting into the room, pulling me into his arms and holding me as if I'll disappear any second now.

"Umm..Good morning to you too?" I tried to pull away from the hug only to have him squeeze tighter. He took a deep breathe and then slowly let me go.

He smiled slightly before pulling me back onto the couch. "Sorry I just freaked out when I woke up and couldn't find you." I smiled slightly at the thought and picked up my book and continued reading. We spend most of the day cuddling, feeding each other and making out.

It was around 9pm when things got a little heated and clothes began to come off. As he was reaching for my shirt he suddenly stopped and his eyes glazed over, letting me know he was mindlinking someone. He suddenly lifted up and began to pace. I tried to communicate with my eyes but he kept turning away from me.

After about ten minutes he finally sat down next to me on the couch. "I know you're enjoying this greatly but I have to go back. A pack of rogues attacked the pack and killed ten members. You can stay here, you'll be safe, and I'll come back to get you when it's over." He continued talking but I didn't hear anything. Why would I stay here when my pack is being attacked?

"What? No I'm going with you. I'm that packs luna and it's my job to protect them." I tried to reason with him but he shook his head. "And as your mate it's my job to protect you. You're staying here Nina. That's final"

We continued to argue before it happened. He said the one thing that hurts me, my pride, and my wolf.
"How can you protect this pack if you can't even shift?"

Time seemed to stop and it felt like I was drowning. I understood that he was angry at the rogues but my mind kept telling me it was me. It was always me. His eyes soften as he realized what he said. "Nina I-"

I shook my head. "You're right. I can't. You should go. I'll stay here." It came out as a soft whisper as I got up and went to one of the four rooms. I lay on the cold bed feeling nothing yet everything all at once. I heard him curse before the door slammed shut and heard him shift and run off.

I don't know how long I had lay there but as the sun came in through the window I knew I had to get up. I hurried into the shower feeling nothing as hot water scorched my skin. I put on some sweatpants and a sweater before throwing my hair into a messy bun.

I had just finished making yogurt with fruit and nuts, my weird comfort food, when there was a harsh knocking on the door. I made my way to the door zombie like not bothering to sniff out who it was. I opened the door to see Aaron's brother, who's name I know knew was jax.

He seemed to take a large breathe in before gently moving me aside and closing the door. I don't know what set it off but my eyes stung with the unshed tears that hadn't been present the last 18 hours. I, however, refused to cry and continued on eating my yogurt.

I heard Jax give a slight chuckle before he snatched the yogurt out of my hands and pulled me into a bone crushing hug. I clutched tightly onto him as I tried not to sob. I didn't want to seem weak infront of him. Infront of anyone. "It's okay. You can let it out."

And with that my body let out a loud sob as tears seemed to run down my face at lightning speed. My body shook and quivered as I continued to let out involuntary sobs. His hold seemed to tighten and he began rubbing my back, whispering sweet nothings into my ear.

But it wasn't helping. His arms weren't the ones I wanted holding me. My knees gave out and he quickly picked me up and carried me into my bedroom. He lay me on the bed and I curled into a fetal position as he wrapped an arm around me. My wolf protested greatly, calling out to her mate, but I need the comfort right now so I curled into his chest.

For the next week my life seemed to be on a cycle. Wake up, eat yogurt, read, then cry myself to sleep in jax's arms. I was falling apart fast and the one I needed the most wouldn't even mindlink me let alone come see me. I was only holding on because of my wolf and it seemed like she was giving up too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed and sorry for the long wait my loves.

WE HIT 13K AND I COULD NOT THANK YOU BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE ENOUGH FOR ALL YOU'VE DONE FOR ME. I LOVE YOU GUY SO SO MUCH.

I may double post and put up the next chapter tomorrow. Comment if you would like that!

Don't forget to hit that follow button, hit that little star for me, and leave a comment telling me what you thought about the chapter.

Keep it classy and never trashy!!