Broken- Chapter 26

Nina's pov

It was the 13th of August, meaning it has been almost twelve weeks since I've touched up on my relaxer. Don't get me wrong I'm a werewolf and all but my hair didn't get any of those special genes that white girls did.

I quickly put on some sweat pants and a t-shirt as I make my way out of the house. There is a town of humans about 200 miles from here so I'll need to take a car.

"Where are you going?" I turn to see Jax leaning on one of the stands near the training field. "I need to go to the store. You have a license right?"

He nods and begins to stalk closer as he swings a pair of keys around his finger. "But what are you going to do for me?" I laugh. "How about, not kick your ass? Now come on."

He smiles before heading to his truck, opening the door for me. It would take about 4 hours so I sat back and listened to the soft music playing from the radio. Before I knew it I was fast asleep.

"We're here! Wake up Nina!" I felt Jax shake me as I slowly opened my eyes. We were in the parking lot of some steakhouse. "This is not where I needed to go Jax" He shrugs before pulling me put of the truck.

I could help the growling of my stomach at the smell of the place. "Booth please" The host nods as he leads us to a booth in the back. He places our menus down before telling us our waiter will be with us in a moment.

I feel slightly self-conscious at my sloppy outfit and messy bun. I was wiping my shirt when I hear Jax clear his throat. "You look fine, chill out."
I roll my eyes and pick up the menu.

"What are you going to get?" He hesitated as he scanned the menu. "Probably a steak and potatoe, what about you?"

"Mmm that sound good. Umm... the smoked salmon with sweet potato fries." He laughed as he rubbed his stomach. "When did you become ms. Healthy?"

"Shut up! I just like what I like and it happens to be kind of healthy" he smiles at me shaking his head. Our waiter was a kid who looked no older than 17 but was very respectful.

"Uh I'm so full" Jax says as he rubs his stomach. "That's because you had that big ass steak, two loaded potatoes, and a large sundae." He smiled as he licks his lips. "Yeah, it was worth it."

We made it back to the truck and slowly began driving looking for a beauty supply store or a target. We luckily found a small beauty supply on a street corner. "Stay here I'll be right out." He nods as as leans against the window.

I walk in and go straight to the right side and pick out my usual relaxer, a new set of combs, anti-frizz serum, and some more edge control. I quickly made my purchase and walked to the truck. Jax was sleeping with his head on the arm rest and I tapped the window only for him to not move.

I loudly knocked on the window and laughed as he jumped in his seat. "Open the door sleepy head." He unlocked the door and I quickly climbed in and we were off. The ride back seemed to be shorter and we arrived at 8:15pm.

I waved goodbye to Jax and made my way upstairs to my room. As I reached the first step I heard a loud growl. I turned to see Aaron standing in the living room glaring at me.

"Hey babe" I walked over to him and hugged him but he didn't return it. "Did you have fun?" I couldn't help but think this was a setup. "I just went to get some stuff for my hair, why you buggin'?"

He laughed sarcastically, "Jax mindlink me and told me you guys stopped for dinner. Was it fun? Did he kiss you at the end of the night like a good date?" I crossed my arms as I stared at him. "I don't have time for this shit."