Broken- Chapter 38

Nina's pov

I could feel the warmth of the sun beating down onto my face as I slowly opened my eyes.

I quickly showered, brushed my teeth, and lotioned my body. I put on a pair of leggings and a sweater, while throwing my hair into a ponytail. I made my way into the twin's room to see them still sleeping so I went to make breakfast.

There was an unknown man and Jax in the kitchen, glaring at each other. "Morning, Nina." I said good morning to Jax before nodding my head at the other man. He starred at me with a look of expectation as I slowly turned to the stove.

"Mommy. Mommy. Mommy." I heard each of the twins chant as their little footsteps came closer. I turned around it time to see them stop at the sight of the man. He looked down at them, before turning to me with a shocked face.

He went to take a step off the stool and I quickly scooped up the twins, feeling better with them in my arms. "How did my babies sleep? And what would you like for breakfast?"

"Good. I want pancakes, please!" Sapphire yelled as she wiggled in my arms. Archer waited for me to look at him before he gave me his normal morning rant.

"I sleep good mommy. You sleep good too? I watched spongebob and he was snoring and dreaming with Patrick. But that's because Patrick is his bes' friend, you know that mommy? But then Patrick said he didn't want spongebob in his dreams and made spongebob sad. Mommy, no one ever comes to my dreams, doesn't that mean no one is my bes' friend? But I like pancakes too mommy because they're good and the, the, what's it called mommy?"

I smiled as I told him it was called syrup. "Yes, and it tastes so good mommy. I like it alot. Can I have lots of it on mine? Pretty please mommy!"

I chuckled, "baby you can have anything you like." He let out a laugh as I tickled his sides before setting them both in their chairs. I turned to Jax and asked if he'd ate already. He declined my offer for breakfast before playing with the twins.

"So, where are your parents?" I clutched the spatula hard as the man began tapping his fingers on the island. I heard Jax growl before whispering something to the man, but I ignored them and began cutting the twins pancakes.

I covered Sapphire's with light butter and syrup before covering Archer's with light butter and a bit more syrup. I placed the plate infront of them before glaring at the man staring holes into their heads. I let out a slight growl before turning back to the stove.

I could hear Archer and Jax argue over who gets to feed Sapphire, even though she'd already ate most of her breakfast by herself.

I felt someone staring holes into the back of my head and turned to see the man. He lifted an eyebrow as he motioned to me and Jax. I simply rolled my eyes before turning back to finish the dishes.

"I'm going to get them dressed today. You relax and get some breakfast in you." I went to protest but Jax quickly scooped up the twins and ran down the hall. Their laughter the only thing left behind. I felt the man still staring holes into my head as I was making a bowl of yogurt for myself.

"Can I help you with something?" He didn't say anything but when I turned around he was making his way towards me. I wasn't scared so I simply raised an eyebrow as he stood infront of me and crossed his arms.

He had close shaven black hair, blue with a hint of green eyes, and looked to be at least 6 feet tall. "Where's dad?" I almost chocked on the yogurt I'd just put in my mouth.

This man wasn't anything like me. I was black, he was white. Plain and simple. "Look, I don't if you're just that stupid or if you're trying to be funny, but my father is not your father. For crying out loud my father was brown and your white. They would have told me if I had an adopted sibling."