Chapter 38

Tris pov

The next morning I wake up and Tobias isn't laying next to me.

I rub my eyes and walk out the room. I peek in Connors room and he's not there either. So I walk into the kitchen and find that's where the family is.

Tobias is drinking a cup of coffee and talking to Marcus and my dad. Evelyn and my mom are looking through wedding magazines.

"There's the beautiful bride to be" my mom Says hugging me and handing me a cup of coffee.

I love coffee but I don't drink it everyday.

I see Connor crawling around so I pick him up and hold him.

"Good morning baby" I say kissing his head and walking over Tobias.

He wraps his arm around my waist and continues to talk to our fathers.

"Tris honey, have you picked out some brides maids?" My mom says

"Yes sweet heart, don't forget your maid of honor" Evelyn says and I look at Tobias.

His arm is still wrapped around my waist and he's still fully concentrated on the conversation he's having with our dads.

"Yeah I'll ask Christina and the girls soon" I say playing with Connor's hands.

"Tris, who's your maid of honor" my mom says crossing her hands over her chest

"I think Christina, why" I say

"Uhm uhm what about us" my mom says pointing to her and Evelyn.

"Mom And Evelyn, you can't be my brides maids" I say laughing a little but they have very serious faces on.

"Oh your serious" I add

"Okay look, I love you 2 but I would like it better if you guys were in the audience, watching me walk down the aisle, than walk with me" I say imagining it.

"Fine, do whatever you want. Have ugly bridesmaids, If you want. I don't care any more" my mom says slamming the wedding magazine shut and walking away.

"I thought we were close, Tris" Evelyn says shaking her head and walking away with my mom. I can hear them both crying a little.

I turn to Tobias and hand him Connor. He rubs my back and tells me "everything is going to be okay" but I ignore it and walk away.

"Tris, baby" he says and I let tears fall out of my eyes too.

I walk into my room and slam the door shut.

I sit on my bed and run my fingers through my hair.

Tobias runs in and sits next to me.

He picks me up and sits me on his lap. I lay my head on his Chest and let tears fall out of my eyes.

"Shhhh" he says running his fingers through my hair now.

"I don't want to have a wedding if it's going to be like this" I say

"Like what" he says trying to calm me down.