Chapter 41

Tris pov

I hold Connors hand as we walk through the zoo. He starting to get tired so I pick him up and hold him at my waist.

"Look at the pretty giraffes" I say to him squeezing his cheeks. He points to a giraffe and smiles.

I look over at Tobias, who is in a conversation with my dad, Marcus, and Caleb.

My mom, Evelyn, and Cara are talking about Cara and Caleb's wedding.

I look at Connor and smile.

"Want to go see the zebras" I say bouncing him in my arms. He yells lightly and claps his hands.

"Dada" Connor says pointing to Tobias. I turn
to look at Tobias. He sees us watching him so he waves to us.

I smile at him and he smiles back, then focuses his attention back to the conversation.

Connor starts to wiggle in my arms, and puts his hands out toward Tobias.

"Dada" he says starting to Cry.

"Daddy is talking, he'll come over in just a sec" I say to Connor trying to calm him down.

He whines and my mom notices, walking over to us with the other girls.

"What's wrong, with the birthday boy" Evelyn says holding Connors hand.

"He wants Tobias, but he's talking, I don't want to interrupt" I say

"Tobias" Evelyn yells at him.

Tobias stops the conversation and walks over to us and sees Connor crying.

"Aww what's wrong buddy" he says, taking Connor out of my arms and calming him down.

"He wanted you, but you we're talking. I didn't want to interrupt" I say and he brings me into a side hug.

"Next time get me, I didn't even hear him crying, I was too focused into the conversation. I'm sorry" he says

"It's Okay" I say smiling.

Connor stops crying and puts his hands in his mouth.

I hold his 2 hands and rock them back and forth.

"Don't put those in your mouth, they're yucky" I say and he smiles at me.

"Ready to go see some birds" Tobias says to Connor and Connor giggles.

Tobias holds my hand with his free hand and we walk to the bird exhibit of the zoo.

Tobias walks Connor around to see the birds. I stopped to tie my shoe. Cara stands next to me and kind of gives me a nudge, which makes me fall over.

"Excuse you" I say getting up. I look around to see if anyone saw but no one did.

"Of my bad" she says putting her hand over mouth. She walks over to Caleb and they hold hands.

I roll my eyes and look for Connor and Tobias.

There watching little birds fly around. I walk over to them and hold my hands out for Connor. Tobias passes my to him and smiles.