Chapter 35: I Can't See The End

Alora⚫

I don't know how I still manage to walk while bearing this pain, emotionally and physically. I can't think clearly, and my sight is in a blurry vision because of the tears that kept on falling. I can't think straight, all I want to do is to see him. Even though I'm so scared of what will happen next. But I have to endure this, this agony I'm feeling that have wrecked my whole personality.

I kept on walking, and I know I am almost there. I looked at my necklace that Kai gave me. And the crack has expanded. And like before, the part that has a crack turned black instead of red. Yes, I'm aware. I feel like I'm walking towards a cliff. Walking to where everything will end. Where everything crumple and falls apart.

"Kai. " I said his name softly. And I just found myself in this field of racia flowers. The place where I found Kai, lying and almost dying. He wasn't looking at me. Nakatalikod siya. I feel like there's a lump in my throat when I saw his back, him that is covered in darkness. I shut my eyes tight, thinking all of this is just a messy dream. But when I opened my eyes, nothing changed. The hellish reality is before me. And what should I do? What should you do, Alora? I stood still. Just looking at his back, remembering every curves, every scar, everything. There was dark smokes smouldering his body, just like Death. His clothes were ripped apart because of his large black wings.

I began to walk towards him. But I stopped afterwards when he spoke.

"Don't. " Aaminin kong nagulat ako. Ang boses niya, may halong ibang boses. Mula sa normal na boses na naririnig ko sakanya, yung isang boses, mas malalim. I can sense danger in that voice. He slowly turned around to see me and he was crying, I can clearly see those glassy liquid fall down from his crimson eyes. There are two long horns on his head that made him look more terrifying. I was still crying, I didn't stop since that time when I saw my family's dead bodies.

"Are you leaving me a-already?" I tried to speak between my sobs. I tried to reach for him, to hold him tight when suddenly, he roared in agony. I froze while watching him suffer from inevitable pain. More dark smokes came out from him. And he swings his wings to random direction while holding his chest and continues to scream. His power is taking over him. But he still fights against it. It hurts. All of this hurts.

So I ran to him.

But I didn't thought that would be a mistake.

He immediately shove his hands, which already turned into a beast's claws. He clawed at my chest and I bleed. I looked into his eyes. I was searching for something. I searched if I could still see Kai in those terrifying eyes. Sadly, I didn't. He stared at me like I stared at him. I couldn't see any soul from his eyes. Why..? Why is it... So empty?