4.

Taylor.

"Give me a fucking break.." I mumbled as she came closer. I dropped the cigarette and smashed it with my shoe. I rolled my eyes. I knew exactly what she was going to say.

"Why are you smoking? Didn't dad-"

"I don't give a fuck about what dad said" I hissed and she flinched a little. I wasn't going to hit her.

She fixed her glasses on her face, fighting the urge to yell at me. I knew it was coming and it was coming soon. God, I hate her so much. I reached in my pocket and sighed harshly once I saw that that was my last cigarette. Great.

"What did dad - what did he say to you?" she frowned, shifting her weight. She really wanted to know? Since when did she care?

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I'm talking about. Kevin. When he drove you here-?"

"He didn't say anything.." I didn't know exactly why I was lying. I was sure as hell not going to tell her that he hit me. I never told anyone that. Not even Brendon, and he's my closest friend.

"You don't have to lie Taylor, I knew you were at that diner with those boys-"

"Those boys are my friends." I corrected her. She was really annoying me now.

"Whatever," she rolled those brown eyes of hers, "I'm bringing Edward over the weekend to meet my - our parents. I want you to stay."

"Me? No fucking way.."

"Taylor please, I want him to be part of our family and that means he needs to meet all of us. You've only seen him and never really gotten to know him."

"I don't care Amanda. I already have plans." I didn't really have plans but maybe it will give her an excuse to get out of my face.

"You're an asshole. You'll see that Edward is great."

I shrugged, crumpling up the cigarette box. Even if he is "great" I could care less. He's certainly not going to be one of my friends. I didn't want to get to know him. I tossed the box in the trash can that was not far from me. Of course, Amanda shook her head.

"You smoked.. you smoked an entire box?" she asked as I leaned against the wall.

"Yea.. so?"

"You're killing yourself."

"I don't mind."

"Amanda? What are you doing, get over here!" a girl with bright orange frizzy hair waved at her. That was the same girl that gave me that disgusted look in class. Ugh.

"I'm going to go now-"

"Feel free."

A scowl appeared on her face before she padded over to her orange haired friend. I sighed and decided to go to class. Before I could reach the doors, my phone rang. Ugh, what now?

"Taylor?"

"Yes dad?" Why the hell is he calling me? When class has already started?

"You in class?"

"Yes of course.. why don't you trust me?" I lied.

He sighed, "Because I don't Taylor. I need to know that you're in class and not somewhere starting trouble. I don't want to come pick you up every time you're somewhere your not supposed to be. I'm a working man."

"I know dad. Can I go now?"

"I'm not finished. That's not all I was going to tell you. I don't want you hanging around that Brendon kid again."