26.

Taylor.

After my shower, we arrived in class and this time she took a seat in the back with me.

"Can I have my phone back now?"

"No, you're going to do the work then you can get it back."

"Really? Is this nessesary?"

"Yes it is," she said, almost laughing. This really wasn't funny, I needed my phone.

I felt lost without it.

The bell rang and the professor showed up late. I don't even remember the last time I went to class. I spent the majority of the week with Hayley.

I didn't really care about anything else.

Then Chad came walking in. He looked around, spotted Hayley and came striding towards her.

What the hell did he want?

"Hayley" he said his voice clipped and groggy. His eyes were bloodshot as if he was crying.

"Go away Chad-"

"No there's something I need to tell you-"

"Leave her alone okay? She doesn't want to talk to you Chad" I said and Hayley looked over to me. Even saying his name was disgusting. I really didn't care how loud I was now. He was pissing me off.

"How about you stay the fuck out of it okay? You have nothing to do with this." his eyes turned cold in a matter of seconds.

I pushed back my curls angrily, standing up. My fists were balled and I was breathing heavily.

"Apparently I do, we're together now. Now fuck off okay?"

Did he not get it?

"Really Hayley, out of all people him?"

"You cheated on me!"

"I didn't cheat on you Hayles. Would you listen to me?"

Blah blah blah was all I was hearing. Could he go away now?

"That's not what I came here for. This is serious." he said, touching her shoulder.

"Don't fucking touch her okay?" I was boiling.

"And what the hell are you going to do about it?" he stepped closer and I didn't move an inch. I wasn't scared of him, he probably was a little bigger than me but I wasn't scared of him. He was a coward and he chose someone else over her. That was his choice.

"Gentlemen" the proffesor scowled. Chad gave me one last glare before storming out of the room.

I sat down and Hayley touched my shoulder. I could barely concentrate, all I could think about was him. I should have hit him. The bell rang and I closed the book.

"Taylor" Hayley ran after me. I was already down the hall. Was I that distracted?

"Taylor just don't.."

"I don't like him Hayley and I most certainly don't want him around you. It's so fucking obvious he wants you back."

She just sighed, taking both my hands. "Fuck him okay? I want you and only you. Okay?"

I shook my head. I just didn't know what to think. There was no doubt he was gonna keep running after her until she fell for him again. Then I'll be nothing. My nerves were worked up and my thoughts were running rapidly. I didn't want to doubt .. us but I couldn't help it. I didn't want to loose her.

I sighed.

She reached in her boobs and pulled out my phone. I stifled out a laugh. I had forgot that was in there. I shoved it in my pocket.

We made out for a long time before we went our separate ways. I couldn't wait to see her again. I knew it would be a long time before we could say this but I.. loved her. It's too soon to say it now but.. I wonder how she'd react if I had said it?

I know it's only been almost two weeks we've been together but I was crazy about her. Never in my wildest dreams did I think we'd be together, ever. I never thought I could be this happy. But for now, I will wait for the right time to say those three little words.

Trying to rid of the stress, I skipped my next class and went back to my dorm.

"Hey Taylor" Kyle stumbled down the hall, holding his hand out to slap.

"Hey Kyle, you didn't come to class?" I had noticed. Who was I kidding, he's Kyle for god's sake.

"Yea.. you coming to the party tonight?" he asked. Party? It was a freaking Thursday. But why not?

"Sure, I'll ask Hayley if she wants to come." I was sure she was going to say yes but, I had to make sure.

"Totally. I'll drive you, we should so get high together sometime too. I'm going to hang around some old friends tonight at the party, wanna chill with us? You could meet them?" he asked and I almost laughed at the we should so get high together sometime. He ran his fingers through the mess of blond hair on his head. Was he high now? Probably.

"Yeah sure.."

"I'll pick y'all up at 7," he said and walked back to his room.

I left to my room and cut on the light. I cracked open the window and quickly lit the end of the cigarette. I pulled out my phone and began to text Hayley. I was kind of looking forward to tonight. I laid back on the bed and exhaled the cloud of smoke, immediately feeling relaxed.