35.

We sat outside my house, on the grass. I picked at a blade of grass and threw it towards the sidewalk.

"I'll call Kyle,"

"Don't listen to what my dad said-"

"It's fine.." she stood up and brought the phone to her ear.

It wasn't fine and I hated that she had to hear that. This wasn't the impression I wanted my parents to offer her. I had a feeling this was gonna go down, my dad was never understanding. Why would I think he would listen to me anyways?

I got up and stood on the sidewalk where she was standing.

"Okay, see you soon" she hung up and let out a long sigh.

"Is he coming?"

"Yeah, he said he'll be a while but, he's coming."

Her eyes were pointed to the ground and her arms were crossed. I couldn't really decipher how she was really feeling but I know it wasn't good. I still couldn't believe he had said those things. I should've just never came here.

"You should probably just stay here-"

"Why?"

"Because.. your sister is no where to be found and your family needs you."

I sighed a frustrated sigh. "She's fine, I can feel it, they're just overreacting. Fuck that, I'm not staying here I am coming with you."

I didn't care what she said. Hayley is my number one priority right now, I didn't give a damn about anyone else, my sister my parents. They can handle themselves, hell they've done a pretty good job doing it without me.

"I'm not staying here with my dad. I'm coming with you."

Thinking she gave up, she sighed again. We waited outside my parents house for what seemed like hours until Kyle finally showed up. The amount of annoyance in my system grew once I saw Chad in the back of the truck.

Why the hell is he here?

I tried to ignore him, taking Hayley's hand and climbing in the truck. Kyle smirked at me for some odd reason and then drove off. Then Chad spoke.

"Hey Hayley," he said, touching her shoulder.

"Hey" she mumbled in a small voice. I hated that she was acknowledging him right now.

"Where's Morgan?" I asked, looking back at him.

"Huh?"

He probably didn't expect me to talk.

"Your girlfriend-"

"None of your business.."

"Well I don't think she'd be happy to see you touching Hayley-"

"What about Chelsey, huh? Man, she took a real beating-"

"It was hilarious.." Kyle chimed in.

I rolled my eyes. Did the entire school see the fight?

"Can we not talk about that right now?" Hayley sighs.

"Why not? You stood up for your man.. even though he doesn't deserve it." Chad scoffs.

"Will you shut up?" I bark. He really doesn't know when to shut his big ass mouth.

"Will you both shut up?" Hayley looks back at us.

"Why are you even with him Hayley? Look at him and look at me. He was.. locking lips with another girl for Pete's sake!"

"You cheated on me in front of my face! Why am I even arguing with you.."

The car stopped and I noticed that he was parked in front of the school. Hayley left the car and stormed off past the gates. I went after her, hearing Chad's footsteps shortly behind me.

"Hayley wait-"

"Leave her alone, she doesn't want to be around you Chad."

"You best get out of my face.." he threatens as I notice that I am in his face. He doesn't scare me, he never has, so if he wants to hit me I don't care.

He lifts his arm to swing at me but Kyle stops him.

"Hey hey, let's be civil here.. we're all friends and we all joke around-"

"We'll never be friends" I said and walked off. I needed to find Hayley. I didn't have time fumbling around with Kyle or Chad.

I checked my room and there she was with her face buried in hands at the edge of my bed. Oh no.

"Hayley I'm so sorry about today and.. Chad. Don't listen to him he's just trying to get under your skin. Don't let him." I apologize, and she looks up from her hands.

"I can't do this.." she says and I nearly loose my breath.

"What?"

"I said I can't do this, I can't be with you. This is just too much with those girls, Chad, your parents.. it's just too much."

She's... breaking up with me?

"Hayley please.. we can talk about this and .. fuck.."

This was not happening. This couldn't be happening. This was Chad's fault, he he hadn't said anything this wouldn't be happening right now.

She was crying now. I tried to hold her but she wouldn't let me. She stood up and strode to the door.

"Hayley you can't give up on me now.. we can sit back down and talk about this.." I felt my eyes sting, they hurt but I was still staring at her. She can't break up with me now.

"I have to go Taylor, I'm sorry." she left, wiping her eyes as she went. As soon as the door shut I ran my fingers through my curls, frustratingly. I was feeling a mixture of things right now, sadness, confusion, and anger. I didn't know exactly how to feel.

I slumped to the floor and right there, I felt my world fall apart.