11.

Taylor.

.::flashback::.

I hated eating with them. Why should I sit there and listen to how perfect Amanda is? Or listen to how dad's company is in turmoil, or the next meal mom will make?

This was the main reason I snuck out and hung with Brendon. He understood me. He never blocked me out or pointed out the wrongs in my life. He cared. He's like a big brother to me. I don't know what I'll do if he decided to leave.

Today is my birthday, I turn seventeen. Mom made a cake but it was carrot. I hate carrot cake. I am disappointed but not going to fret. I'm going to have dinner with Brendon and his friends. It will be fun.

I sit up quickly on my bed when I heard my door open. Amanda.

"Dinner's ready," she chirp. Always go lucky, always happy.

"I'm not hungry."

"Come on Taylor the food's getting cold." she furrowed her eyebrows and her tone turned sharp in just seconds.

Ouch.

"I feel sick. I'll eat later."

With a sigh and a groan she left the room. I shut the door quietly and pulled my phone out of my pocket. It was a text from Brendon. He was ready to go.

I lifted up the window and felt the warm night air blow onto my skin. It was relaxing. I broke myself from my relaxing state and climbed out of the window.

Brendon's car was just outside the lawn. When I got in, I saw the yellow light from the kitchen window. Another dinner without my "family."

I began to walk up the stairs, trying not to slip and fall. The lights had dimmed and it was hard to see a damned thing going up. Drunken kids stumbled past me and nearly knocked me over.

Who has control over these parties? Does anyone have a limit?

The smell of smoke grew stronger once I reached the top of the steps. Weak yellow light lit the hallway. Couple after couple leaned against the wall groping and making out with each other. The sight was gross and I quickly looked away from the hormonal teens.

My eyes shot to the mess of red hair down the hall. She held her hand over her mouth as she entered the room six doors down from me.

Should I...?

No. This is not what I came here for. I wanted to have fun not chase down a girl in a frat house. But was I having fun? She was crying... but why?

I'm all alone here. I should just turn around and head back to my dorm.

But my feet wouldn't let me. I reached the room and stood awkwardly outside the door. What the fuck was I supposed to do? Knock?

And so I did. I stood there still, waiting for the door to open but it stayed perfectly still it's frame. I almost jumped when I heard the the song change. The music was loud and almost obnoxious.

With not a bit of patience left inside me, I turned the doornob and let myself inside.

She was on the floor, hugging her knees. He back was rising and falling rapidly. Her head was in her kness.

I closed the door and her head shot up.

"Who.. who the hell are you?"

"I'm Taylor.." I said in a shaky voice. I walked further in the room.