12.

Taylor.

"Are you okay?" I asked, my voice still shaky. Why the hell did my voice have to do that now?

I still couldn't see her face. Her head was turned towards the small window. The room was a lot bigger than I had imagined. A large bed with dark blue covers sat against the wall and black curtains hung from the windows.

The yellow light from the lamp gave the room a dull glow. I focused my attention back on the girl. She wore a dark black sparkle dress and black boots. Her hair was ruffled as if someone had played in it. She brought her hand up to her face. She was crying again.

"What happened?" my voice felt so small compared to hers.

"Just go.." the pain in her voice was evident that that douche did something. I knew he did. Why would she run up into a room like this if he hadn't?

"I'm sorry.. I'll leave you alone." I wanted to ask her everything, everything I had on my mind about her but she was upset. It was obvious that he had done something but it wasn't my business.

I left the room, feeling the music engulf me. The music was terrible and I knew I needed to leave fast. I quickly but carefully made my way down the stairs and began to call Edward.

Coming to this party was a bad idea. I should've just stayed in my dorm and slept like I did mostly all week. What made me think I'd have fun being here? This was so not me.

"Fuck" I groaned as I was sent to his voicemail for the fifth time in a row. Why wasn't he picking up his phone? There was no way I was staying here.

I pushed past the drunken crowd and made my way outside. The cold air bit at my skin. I cursed myself for wearing only a thin T-shirt and no jacket. Nice one, Taylor. Nice one.

I looked around and saw a stone sitting area that sat at the front of the house. I forced myself to sit down on the cool surface.

I am gonna kill him when he shows up. There's no way he can leave me out here. If he does, I might have to walk my way back.

And that was a hell fucking no.

I took a deep breath, held my arms and tried to think positive. The problem was that there was no positive to this. It was 9:30 at night, I couldn't call my dad because he would murder me if he finds me. Edward wasn't picking up his phone. Probably ramming my sister and totally forgot about me.

What a fucking asshole.

I pulled out my phone a called him again. Of course it shot to voicemail. I decided to leave him a sweet message.

"Hey asshole, I'm outside the frat house freezing my ass off. Please get your ass over here now. Call me back as soon you get this.."

I hung up and sat my phone down on the stone. This was bullshit. There was no way he was going to answer my message.

My heart started to race when I saw the red head stumble towards me with a red cup in her hand. She had a leather jacket on her shoulders and the sparkles on her dress clanged against the stone as she sat down.

"I'm sorry.. for kicking you out.. I-"

"It's okay, no worries." I saved her from her struggle. She was clearly drunk. Her words barely managed to come out. I hope she won't pass out or something.

"He.. he cheated on me."

"What?"

Cheated? I must have not heard her clearly.

"My boyfriend. He cheated on me, kissed another girl. Right in front of my face. I was standing right there.."

"I had no idea.." I looked down at the grass. What an asshole! How could he cheat on her? How?!

"And he.. just left.. left me out here. How could he just leave like that?" she brought the cup to her lips and took a big gulp, "I have no way to get back to campus.. look at me I'm a mess.."

She began to cry again and it was the most heart-breaking, vunerable cries I've ever heard. I've never heard any one cry like that. I moved my phone out of the way and scooted closer to her. I brought my shaky hand over her back and rubbed in a slow comforting motion.

I couldn't believe I was touching her. I couldn't believe she was letting me. She threw the cup across the lawn and the clear liquid splattered onto the grass, making the bits glisten in the moonlight.

There was something about her pain that made me understand how she was feeling. Of course I was never cheated on, but, I have felt like this. The only things that made me feel better when I was angry was to break something. Anything that was in my reach. My room always took a beating. There was probably thousands of dollars worth of installments and improvements in that room alone because of my anger.

Minutes to hours passed and I found my arms wrapped around her. I was freezing and the heat from her body was relaxing. I still couldn't believe I had her in my arms. My excitement faded when she moved from my arms and stood up.

"He's not coming back. I might as well go." she sighed, put on her jacket, and began to walk on the sidewalk.

I followed. "What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to walk back. I have GPS on my phone and I will just follow it there.. um.. walk with me?"

I nodded in excitement and walked by her side as we left for the dorms.