Chapter 14: Payne

Liam stared into my eyes. He was worried, he shouldn't be. I felt so much pain, but I tried to push through it. They gave me pain killers, but they weren't really working. I smiled. I was so happy to see them here.

"Thank you for staying with me." I say tiredly. I was really drowsy and I could barely keep my eyes open.

"No problem. I've been waiting to see you all day, It's been torture." He says. Then I feel a shooting pain in my leg, I yelp and Liam jumps up.

"What's wrong?" He says quickly. I wince as I try and shift around to get comfortable.

"It's just the pain in my leg, it will be fine in a couple minutes. It happens all the time." He rubs my back as I take deep breaths trying to ignore the throbbing of my leg. He grabs my hand again and lightly squeezes.

"I never meant to hurt you. I didn't know this would happen..." He says as he rubs his thumb against the back of my palm. "I wish I could take the pain away, I would if I could."

"You could try." I say shifting over to the other side of the bed. I tapped the sheet with my hand, motioning him to cuddle up next to me. He willingly crawled up next to me, carefully. My hurt leg was on the opposite side so he didn't need to be too careful. He wrapped his arms around me as I leaned into his chest. He gently kissed my head, holding them there for a few seconds. Almost like he was trying to kiss the pain away.

"Can you believe we haven't even known each other for a week?" He says.

"I feel like I've known you longer than that. I have never clicked with someone so quickly before." I smile and he let out a small laugh.

"I have very strong feelings for you." He says as he lightly squeezes me in his strong, protective arms.

"Me too." I say quietly. I look up into his eyes. His kind eyes saying 'I would never do anything to hurt you'. I knew that. He made me feel safe, safer then I had ever felt with anyone before. He smiles and leans back in and kisses my neck. He traces his noes from my neck up to my cheek. Then he whispered in my ear that made goosebumps form all around my body.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"