Chapter 19: Butt Dial (Louis POV)

~~~Louis POV~~~

Her fingers slip through mine. Just when I was turning around I get shoved back. I loose all sight of Justine. I rush out of there to see if she might have made it. All I see is Liam standing there.

"Where's Justine?" He says in panic.

"I lost her, I thought she would have made it out."

"She has a boot, she can't walk that fast!" His voice raises.

"And who's fault was that?!" I yell back. His eyes narrow and darken.

"You know very well that I didn't mean for that to happen." He says through clenched teeth. I don't think I've ever seen him this angry at me.

"Yeah, sure..." I roll my eyes. Liam steps and is inches away from my face.

"At least I didn't loose her in a crowd of people."

"You ran ahead, She grabbed onto me! If you would have waited for her like a good boyfriend we wouldn't have gotten separated."

"What? So you saying I'm not a good boyfriend?"

"I guess she could do better!" He is furious now. It was scary but it's what I was going for. I wanted him to get mad. He pokes his finger hard into my chest.

"You listen here...." He is interrupted by someone shouting at us, it's Niall!

"Lads!" He yells. He's holding Justine in his arms, her head is buried in his shirt and she is holding on tightly to his neck. She doesn't look to well, her face is flushed and is shielding her eyes from the light. He walks her over to the grass as Liam and I rush over. Niall sets her down but supports her back to try and see if she can stand on her own, she immediately falls back into his chest. He walks her over to a nearby tree and sits her down.

"Justine!" I yell. She doesn't look up, Niall is sitting next to her, her head still on his shoulder. We kneel down next to them.

"Justine, babe, what happened?" Asks Liam.

"I saw her laying on the floor, she took quite the kick to the head." Niall responded.

"Justine, love, talk to us." I say. All I get out of her is a groan.

"Do you need to go to the nurse?" She rubs her eyes and looks up.

"No, I'll be fine, just give me a minute." She says taking a deep breath in and letting it out through her noes.

"Niall, what were you doing in there?" Liam asks.

"I heard there was a party... Obviously I was there in a heartbeat." I let out a small laugh.

"Of course you were." Liam glares at me. I wasn't talking to him, I don't know why he's glaring at me. I hear Niall chuckle.

"Yup, how you doing buddy?" He says to Justine comfortingly rubbing her arm, she sits there with her chin rested on her knees and her arms wrapped under her legs. Her face is more pale than I've ever seen it.

"My head hurts." She responds in a raspy voice.

"Yeah, I bet it does." He says calmingly.

"Well, you did have a concussion... If you got kicked in the head it could have come back." Says Liam.

"No, I'm fine really. I think I maybe just need to eat something."

"I'll take you to the café." Offers Niall. He stands up, grabs her hand and pulls her up slowly to her feet. Liam and I stand up as well.

"I'll come with you." Liam insists. Niall shakes his head.

"I think you two better work out what ever it is that's come between you." He says quietly and looks at Liam, then at me.

"Come on." He tells Justine as they start to head toward the café. I glance at Liam who is glaring at me. I roll my eyes and start walking to the gym. Liam closely fallows but we don't walk together.

"You had no right to say that, Louis." He shouts from behind. I turn around to face him but continue walking backwards.

"Oh, didn't I?" I say sarcastically.

"No need for the sarcasm. You can't just tell me if I'm a good boyfriend or not."

"I have a right to express my own opinion, and me being a friend was informing you on what you needed to work on."

"Oh shut up! What do you know about being a good boyfriend, obviously Grace found someone better."

I scoff and turn around. We don't talk for the rest of the walk.

~~~

I don't like fighting with my friends, but this time was different. I wanted to make him mad, I'm just not sure why. I guess I wanted him to feel how I do right now. Him dating my best friend. Alright I'll admit it, I love Justine. I don't take back that kiss, I felt something there, I'm just not sure if she felt the same thing. I know Brooke picked up on my little hints that showed I like Justine. I'm glad I was here at the gym so I could get my anger out in a better way than fighting, not that I fight all the time...I've only ever been in like, 3 fights. High school was rough. I was laying on the bench press when I hear my cell phone ring. I put the bar up and retrieve the phone from my bag. It was Niall.

"Niall? What's up?" All I hear is rustling of his pants against the receiver. Then it stops and I hear them chatting. I decide to keep listening.

"You feelin any better?" Niall asks.

"Yes, much better. Thank you so much, it means a lot."

"No problem." They must be in the café, I hear a chair squeak across the floor.

"Were Liam and Louis fighting?" She asks. He doesn't answer right away.

"Um... I'm not sure."

"Then why did you..."

"I saw Liam look at Lou glaring at each other when I walked outside, I knew something was up. But don't worry, they'll make up soon." I wasn't too sure of that... I hadn't seen Liam since we walked in.

"That's good, I don't want them to hate each other. It's one of my worst fears." My heart breaks a little. There was more to her worries than just someone else leaving from her life. It was the two people that were most important to her hating each other. She doesn't wanna have to chose a side.

"You needn't worry. Liam's your boyfriend and Louis' your BEST friend, they wouldn't hurt you." Thank you Niall! There is silence for a while between the two.

"Can I tell you something?" She says.

"Yeah, sure, anything!"

"You can't tell anyone! Especially not Liam or Louis." We'll I'm right here... So I guess I have a secret of my own.

"Ok I swear, now spill!" There is a pause.

"Come on... What is it?" I mumble to myself.

"I think I'm developing stronger feelings for Louis." My heart stops. I'm frozen. Did I hear her right? I feel like I'm dreaming. I listen intently to hear what Niall has to say.

"Wow..." Is all he says.

"Am I a bad person? To Liam?"

"Do you still like him?"

"Of corse I do, But I just don't know if I thought this through." I hang up. I've heard too much, way too much, but it was useful. She did think of me more than a friend. What am I going to do about it? Nothing. I didn't hear anything. I quickly hang up the phone and drop it back in my bag. Then I remember a saying my Nan used to tell me.

Everything happens for a reason.