Chapter 38: Hello New Year

Well, it's finally a new year! Except it didn't feel much different... Everything was still quite the same. It might feel different to go back to school and see the boys and hear about their holiday break.

Louis and I pack up our bags and load them up in the car. We say goodbyes and give hugs, best wishes are given for safe travels. But the twins couldn't seem to let me go... Or let go of my legs. It took Louis, Lottie and Fizzy to pry one of them off of my leg, then once one was off and they tried to get the next one off the other would just cling right back onto my leg. By the time we got them off, the knees of my jeans were completely ripped up.

After lots of hugging and kissing and clinging... Louis and I were finally on the road, back to our cozy little dorm at the university. We drive for a while, singing to the radio at the top of our lungs. We stop for lunch at Nandos. We go through the drive-thru, but end up parking in the parking lot and eating.

"So, did you have fun meeting my family?" He asks.

"Yes! I absolutely love them, especially your Nan. She is adorable." His cheeks blush and gives a shy smile.

"Yeah, Daisy and Phoebe can be a bit of a handful, can't they?"

"Oh no, they were perfect." I smile and rest my hands on his. I had always wanted a bigger family. Everything had always been super quiet in our small, quaint little home. Not much to do with my mom gone most of the time.

We finish the food and in about an hour and a half we're back at the Uni. Once we walked through the door, I dropped my bags and flop down face first in my pillow. I hear a light laugh come from Louis. The bed sinks down behind me as I feel his hand start to rub my back. Just then I feel his other hand brush back my hair and his warm lips touch the back of my neck. His strong arm wraps around my waist as he buries his head in the crook of my neck.

"What's wrong?" I ask in concern. He sits up. I turn to face him.

"It's just been on my mind lately... You were so worked up about Liam cheating on you, when you also cheated on him." I was confused.

"What are you talking about?" He gives me a slight smirk.

"Oh don't act like you have no idea what I'm talking about. We all know you had feelings for me, you even told Niall, and you kissed me that night I got really drunk...." He was right. I wasn't completely honest with Liam when we were dating. Neither of us were one hundred percent in the relationship.

"You're right, I guess Liam and I both wanted something different." I look down at my hands. Louis them and rubs his thumb along my knuckles. A small smile forms at the corner of his lips.

"What do you think Liam wants?" He asks.

"A relationship where the other person felt the exact same way, and put the exact amount of effort as he does." His eyebrows start to scrunch up.

"So... You didn't want a relationship with Liam?" He wasn't getting the point.

"No I did," I sit up on my knees and straddle my legs across his lap. I lean forward and kiss the spot right below his ear, "I just wanted something else." I whisper. I feel his hands move up my back as I continue to kiss the spot on his neck. I move my hands through his hair and his fingers dig into my hips. A small moan escapes his lips.

"Justine." He comes out in a whisper.

"Shhh..." I look up at him and his eyes are closed. His lips are gaped open and I close my lips on his bottom lip. His tongue enters my mouth as one of my hands moves to the hem of shirt.