Chapter 35: Christmas Eve

I wake up with Louis spooning me from behind and his arm around my waist. His head is so close to mine that I can feel the air from his nose on the top of my head with every breath. I move my hand down to meet his and I weave my cold fingers in between his, he lets out a low chuckle.

"Morning to you too, love." He almost whispers as he leans forward and lightly nibbles at my ear lobe, I let out a small giggle. He silently laughs and cool air from his noes hits the back of my neck sending a shiver down my spine, and causing goose bumps to form on my neck.

"Your hands are freezing, are you cold?" He says kissing my cheek.

"A little." I grab his arms and wrap them around me. I'm instantly fulfilled with Louis' warmth. He gives me a tight squeeze and plants a warm kiss on my neck with his soft pink lips. Then he moves his feet up and brushes them across my freshly shaven legs. I let out a light hum in delight. Right now, right here, everything felt right. Everything was perfect.

I sit up a little and turn around to face Louis. I push his shoulders back so he's laying flat on his back. He lets out a laugh as I sit up on top of him.

"What do you think you're doing?" He chuckles.

"Shhh.... It's your birthday." I say seductively pressing a finger to his lips. He grins as I lean down and kiss him passionately. I move my hands up under his T-shirt feeling up his toned stomach.

"Oh, so that's how we're gunna play." He says in a low growl. I grab the end of his shirt and quickly pull it over his head. Then I move my hands lower and begin to slowly pull down his pants. He kicks them off and throws them against the wall. We continue to kiss as Louis pushes me, I roll onto my back and we switch places.

"Your turn to get undressed." He says gripping the edge of my shirt and pulling it off. Once my shorts were off, he grinds his hips into mine and continues kissing my chest and neck. I let out a light moan and run my fingers through his hair while he gently massages my breast. Just then we hear loud footsteps running down the stairs. We pull away and gasp.

"Shit, my sisters!" Louis says rolling off of me and pulling the covers up over him and pretends to sleep. I jump up and grab Louis's robe from the closet and slip it on quickly. I jump back on the bed and grab my phone and pretend to text someone. Then the girls burst through the door making me jump. They all seemed really worried.

"Justine come quick!" Exclaims Fizzy.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"It's Ted." Sniffles Daisy. I get up quickly and follow the girls upstairs. I see Louis slip on his pants and wrap a blanket around himself and runs up behind me. The girls lead us into the living room and point out the window to Ted who is laying in the dead grass motionless under the willow tree in the back yard.

"He won't get up." Says Phoebe.

"He got up to go to the bathroom, and when we went to go check on him we found him like this."

"Okay, give me like two seconds to get into some clothes to go outside." I rush downstairs and put pants on and a decent shirt. Louis does the same. We go upstairs, put on jackets and shoes and head outside. We rush over to Ted and crouch down next to him. The first thing I notice is that his eyes are blood shot red. He was breathing really heavy which couldn't be a good sign. I lean down and put my ear to his chest. His heart beat was slowing down which really wasn't good. To make it worse, every time he exhaled it came out in a slight whimper. I look up at Louis and he looks at me with worried eyes.

"Lou, we need to get him to the nearest vet." Louis nods and carefully picks him up and brings him over to the car. "I'll go let your family know." I walk into the house and see 4 anxious girls starring at me, waiting for the update.