Chapter 17: Pictures

I crutch myself into the dorm to find Louis standing there with his arms crossed. I stop in confusion. He looked mad, did I do something wrong?

"What did you think you were doing?" He asks in a stern voice. Was he talking about me out with Liam?

"Look, I'm sorry. I know it's la..." But he cuts me off and he sounds angry.

"You think you can just walk in here and..." Then his voice gets softer and a smile creeps on his face. "Get away with not giving me a hug?" We both laugh, I lean my crutches against the wall and Louis runs up and hugs me tightly. My feet are lifted from the floor. I laugh as he tickles my side.

"Louis!" I yell.

"You haven't changed a bit." He smiles, I raise my eyebrow as he sets me down.

"What do you mean? I was only in the hospital for...." He cuts me off again.

"No, I mean from when we were kids, same old Justine. Anyway! How was your date? Was it amazing? Was it magical? Was it everything you hoped for?"

"Ok! Slow down! Man, you haven't changed a bit either, Lou!" I laugh. "But yes, it was wonderful..." I say yawning I can barely keep my eyes open at this point.

"Baby, you're so tired. Lets get you to bed." I walk over to a drawer and pull out some pjs. I remember Louis wanted me to give him a heads up when ever I was going to change in front of him.

"I'm changing." I say, I look over at him and laughs.

"Thanks for the heads up." He winks and walks into the bathroom. I realized I had to take my boot off in order to get my pants off. It was just velcro so it was easy to get on and off. My leg was still wrapped up and I had to be really delicate with it. Once I was done I called Louis name so he could come out. He walks out and gives a half smile.

"You know you'll have to get used to this sooner or later." I say getting under my covers.

"I'm okay if you're okay."

"Yeah, I'm fine with it, I don't really care."

"Okay then!" He says walking over and ruffles up my hair.

"Night, Pineapple." That was my nickname he made up for me when we were younger, I would always be eating pineapple. It made me think of the beach, or what I thought the beach would be like.

"Night, Lou Bear." That was his, he was like a teddy bear, huggable and always there for you. He still is.

"You know, you're the only one who ever called me that." I smile and shut off the light.

~~~

I wake up suddenly to Louis staring down at me in concern.

"Hey, it's okay! It's only a dream." I'm sweating and my throat is dry. I sit up and slam into his chest. I'm quickly taken in his arms. He strokes my hair as he tries to calm me down. I couldn't control my breathing, since I was a little girl I've always had horrible nightmares. I couldn't really control them, then again, who can? They pretty much started after Louis left. The feeling of abandonment from anyone else important in my life was too much. I hated how I never knew what was coming. Unlike a movie, you can usually see what's going to happen. Life is a different story, anything could happen at any moment and you would have no time to prepare for it.

"W-what...T-t-time is I-I-t?" I stutter, He hushes me.

"Shhhh...it doesn't matter. Go back to sleep." How could I? After all those images in my head?