Chapter 13: My roll: Big Brother...? (Louis POV)

~~~Louis POV~~~

She didn't want us to worry about her. How could we not! I feel like her brother. Justine is very selfless, she never thinks only about herself. She puts others first. One of her best qualities. I could tell Liam was nervous, he's always been like a "Dad". He wanted to care for her but he knew she didn't want to be cared for. Justine's hands were in her hands as Liam tried to comfort her, I sat at the edge of the bed as the others took a seat in the remaining chairs.

"What's going on?" I hear Harry whisper.

"Justine, what's wrong?" I asked softly. She looked up from her hands and ran her hands through her hair as she took a deep breath in.

"My mother doesn't know...." She said in a low voice. "She is so overprotective, I'm not sure how she will react." I knew her mom, she couldn't have changed much.

"If you don't want to tell her, I will." I said. Her eyes got wide.

"Oh no, I couldn't ask you to do that... She will flip out at you, I just know it." She said worriedly. Liam put a hand on her arm to calm her down. She was getting worked up. She was a wreck! They must have her really drugged up or something. I'm kidding... Maybe.

"No really! It would be good to chat with your mother again." She half smiles. We didn't bring her phone so I had to call her in my phone. She gave me the number and I stepped out in the hallway. I took a deep breath and practiced what I would say to Ms.Heart, or Emma. I just always called her Ms.Heart, despite how close Justine and I were. I hit the talk button and waited for her to pick up. I hear a click as she picked up the phone and let out a deep sigh.

"If this is those Girl Scouts again I already bought 20 boxes from you! What more do you want?" I couldn't help but let out a gut busting laugh. Ms.Heart never liked those Girl Scouts, because she could never say no to their cookies.

"No Ms.Heart it's me, Louis Tomlinson." It was silent on the other line, I think she needed to process.

"Well, that is a name I haven't heard for a long time." I could tell she was smiling on the other end. "How have you been? Is Justine doing well? Is she making friends? I haven't talked to her since she got off the plane, she was supposed to call me after she was in her dorm."

"Oh yeah, the first night was really busy. It's okay though, she's roommates with me, and my four friends really like her, one of them may even be a potential boyfriend..." I say suspiciously.

"You have an accent now, did you say boyfriend?!" She laughs.

"Possibly! I'm not really sure what they're about..." I chuckle.

"Wait, where's Justine? Why didn't she call me? Is everything alright?" Ms.Heart always was a frequent question asker, she was pretty protective, like any other mother.

"Uh...Justine is...sort of... In the hospital. But don't worry! She's alright, she just fractured her lower leg, and has a minor concussion. She is doing really well." I hear a gasp from her.

"Oh my poor baby! Louis, let me talk to her! I have to know she's ok." I couldn't say no. I walk back into the room, give Justine a reassuring smile.

"She wants to talk to you." I whisper bringing the receiver away from my mouth and into my shirt. She takes a deep breath and stretches out an arm for me to hand her the phone. I hand it to her, she hesitates but then brings the phone to her ear.

"Mom?" She says in a wobbly tone. I couldn't make out what Ms.Heart was saying but it didn't seem to angry, it seemed more worried and probably bombarding her with questions.

"No mom really, I'm fine....I was running and I slipped on some ice....Mom.... No you don't need to come here.... No.... Yes.... Mom they're all here and listing to me talk to you.... I probably shouldn't say that....Okay I'll call you later....I love you too....uhh Louis, she wants to talk to you again." Why would she want to talk to me again? I take the phone and hold it to my ear.

"Ms.Heart?" I say questionably.

"Louis, when will you start calling me Emma? I've known you you're whole life... Except the past 13 or something, but you will always be the little boy that was my daughters best friend. So I'm trusting you to know what's right for her. Right? Can I trust you?" She seemed very serious. Of course she could trust me! I loved Justine like she was my sister.

"Of course! You can count on me Ms.Heart." I say enthusiastically.

"Emma." She chuckles.

"Right... Emma.... That feels weird." I say in a confused tone. She laughs.

"You'll get used to it. I will talk to you soon Louis."

"Alright, have a good day." We say good bye and they're all staring at me.

"What did she say to you?" Justine asked. I couldn't tell her she wanted me to keep an eye on her, that sounded like I was a spy for Emma. (Still doesn't sound right)

"She just wanted to let me know that she trusts me, that she knows I wouldn't make you do anything bad or lead you down the wrong path." She looked a bit confused.

"Okay then." She said. I notice Liam and her hands are locked together. I don't think they will be letting go anytime soon. Just then Nialls stomach growls really loud, we all turn to look at him and he clenches it.

"Uhh... Isn't there a cafeteria here?" He asks. We all sigh.

"Are you serious right now?" Says Liam.

"I wouldn't mind getting a bite." Replies Zayn.

"Same here." Harry followed.

"Fine, you guys can go eat. I don't mind, really." Says Justine

"Are you sure?" I ask. She giggles.

"Yes. I'm sure." She smiles. Well I wasn't going to turn up an opportunity for hospital food. I smile back as we get up and head towards the door. Liam stays firmly at Justine's side.

"You coming?" Asks Harry to Liam.

"Nah, I'll stay here." He says giving a half smile. We shrug and start to head towards where we think the cafeteria is.

We honestly have no idea where we're going.