Chapter 86-Worst Fears Realized

Liam worked all day and into part of the night working on tracing the IP address for the email that Dimitri received. He finally tracked it down and it confirmed Dimitri's worst fears...Ivan Yurmov. Dimitri knew he was pissed off about him not wanting to do business with him but to cross the line and go after his wife? He called upon his loyal three. "We need to track down and bring in his right hand man. We have to find out where his mind is at and what he is planning. Better yet, we need a second man as well and get as much from both of them. I don't want any harm coming to my wife because this fucker got his feelings hurt." He dismissed them with a look. He dreaded the next thing he was about to do...tell his wife. But she trusted him and he wasn't going to do anything to have that trust waiver.

"Hey lover" she greeted him with her signature smile. She could tell right away something was wrong. "Dimitri, what's wrong?" she asked concern. He patted the couch indicating he wanted her to sit down. He blew out a deep breath and began. "Remember when we went to Paris to meet with investors?" She nodded. "Remember the next morning I went to meet with another potential investor?" She nodded and added "You came back pissed off." He nodded and continued. "He is a low-level hood who runs in drugs and prostitution and is always wanting to invest in my legitimate business but I won't have anything to do with him. I received an email this morning containing a video of you and Lana dancing at Fusion with a very alarming message attached to it. Liam spent all day until about an hour ago tracing the IP address and it comes back to this man. I wanted to keep my promise to you with no more secrets. I won't lie to you, I am concerned but I don't want us living in fear. I will take care of this. I have already taken steps to deal with this." He stopped and looked at Carina for some kind of sign from her. She crawled into his lap and straddled him and kissed him hard. "Thank you" she breathed against his mouth. He got his sign.

Dimitri worried about her constantly. He told Carina that she could still go to work but she had to carry her gun and Marco would accompany her every where. She had to keep in constant contact with him, Mattias, Marco and Liam. It had been a week and a half since the email and they were no closer to finding anyone in Yurmov's group. That's what worried Dimitri the most. He couldn't stand the thought of her being hurt again.

Carina got ready for work Wednesday morning like always; torn skinny jeans, long sleeved pink tee shirt and biker boots. She added one extra accessory, her gun.  Everything was just like a normal day, making love with her husband, shower, breakfast and work; only it wasn't.  Marco, Liam and Mattias got out with Carina at Fusion while one of Dimitri's other men would take him this morning.  Dimitri got out with Carina, his beautiful brow wrinkled with worry.  "Baby stop.  You're face is going to stick like that" Carina said rubbing it with her thumb.  Dimitri kissed her fiercely.  "Be careful.  Please" he said.  Carina waved at him as she was followed in by her three bodyguards.  It was going to be a long day.

It was nearing noon and Dimitri had blown up her phone every hour on the hour, she didn't know how much more she could take.  She felt like she was being smothered.  She was in the VIP area with Ivan doing mid-week inventory when they decided they needed more liquor for the bar; Wednesday's were busy.  "I'll go get it, you keep working" Carina called out.  She passed Marco on the way.  "Going to grab some more liquor, be right back" she told him, he nodded.  She passed Mattias and Liam and told them the same thing and headed to the basement with her order.  She was looking for the Crown when she heard a noise and pulled her gun, slid the action back and flipped off the safety.  She didn't see anything after a cursory look and turned back around.  The last thing she remembered was the butt of a gun upside her face.

Marco kept looking at his watch.  It shouldn't take that long he thought as he walked down to the floor.  Mattias and Liam picked up on his vibe and drew their guns and headed for the basement.  Marco told Gregor to put the club on lock down.  The men got to the basement where their worst fears were realized; Carina's gun on the floor and blood leading to the back door, outside and the trail went cold.  "Fuck!" Marco yelled as he pulled his phone dialing Dimitri.  "They got her!"  He knew he was going to be a crazed man until they could find out what happened.  "Gregor!  The security camera at the back door, it works?"  He nodded.  "Carina insisted it be functioning to keep delivery drivers honest."  "Pull up the footage now!" Marco yelled.  About ten minutes later Dimitri stormed in.  "What the fuck happened?" he screamed in Marco's face.  He pointed to the computer that showed someone repelling in from the skylight and waiting and then around noon you could see Carina enter the basement.  Everything looked normal and then you could see her look around, draw her gun and walk towards the back door.  She didn't see anything, turned around and that's when the men saw her get hit in the face with a gun and fall to the floor.  The hooded figure picked her and slung her over his shoulders and walked out with her.  It took all of seven minutes.  Dimitri went crazy.  He started throwing glasses at the wall, screaming and was eventually subdued by Marco and Mattias.  "Focus that anger right now to find her.  Be pissed later" Marco said.  Dimitri shirked away from and headed to the basement; he saw his wife's blood on the floor; then he saw red.