Chapter 57-The Truth

Dimitri laid there on his side and watched her sleep.  He could tell by all the tossing and turning she was doing it was not a good sleep.  He reached over and brushed some hair out of her face.  She rolled towards him putting her head under his chin and wrapping a leg around his; the contact with his body seemed to have a calming affect on her.  A bit later he felt her arm go around his waist, her hand caressing his lower back while her mouth found his nipple and she teased him with her tongue until she felt his erection pushing into her.  She put her leg up on his hip, reached between them for his cock and helped him enter her.  "Oh Carina" he moaned moving in her slowly, grinding his hips.  "Yes" she moaned quietly against his neck loving how he felt inside her.  "Make love to me" she begged.  He grabbed her right leg and brought it up and held it tightly against his body.  "Like this baby?" he asked.  She threw her head back and he latched on to her neck, hitting that spot that drove her crazy.  "Yes...oh my God yes!  You feel so good!  Please..." she cried as she ground her hips into his increasing the friction to her sex.  "Come with me Dimitri" she moaned as they fell together, spiraling down as they climaxed together.  "I've never seen anything so beautiful" he murmured against her lips as he kissed her tenderly.

She got out of bed, naked, and walked to the balcony and lit a cigarette.  Dimitri loved looking at her nude body.  She was so beautiful and naturally curvy; he couldn't get enough of her.  He watched her pour another short glass of vodka and toss it back.  He got out of bed and walked to her, taking the cigarette from her hand he took a drag and handed it back to her, her eyes watching him all the while.  "You killed him, didn't you?" Her question stunned him.  "Carina" he started.  She held her hand up.  "There is no place in this relationship for secrets.  I don't ask you for much.  Did.you.kill.him?"  He sighed running his hands through his hair and then answered her simply.  "Yes."  He reaction surprised the hell out of him.  Her body relaxed, the tension in her face was gone as she said "Thank you."  Dimitri looked at her, puzzled by her response.  "You're not disgusted with me?  You don't think me a monster?"  "You're not a monster.  You're my husband and you protected me.  How could I ever be disgusted with you?" her response was gentle and loving.  "God baby.  We're you that worried that I would feel differently?" she questioned.  He slowly nodded.  She stepped to him, looking into his gorgeous eyes and said "I know who I married.  Certain situations require that you handle them certain ways.  I will never question how you handle your business.  All I care about is at the end of the day you come home to me.  Period.  All I ask for is your honesty and trust.  I love you Dimitri."

Adriano had dropped Lana off with me while he and Dimitri went with Marco to wherever it was that they went last night.  I had taken a shower with Dimitri, we made love again, he got dressed and left.  I was still getting dressed for the day, moving a lot slower than normal, especially for me.  "What's wrong hon?" Lana asked.  I told her I didn't know that last night had really fucked with my mind.  "Any ideas what he was talking about?" she asked.  I shook my head.  "I have no idea.  But I know who does."  She raised her eyebrows.  "Dimitri?"  I nodded.  "What are you going to do about it?" she asked.  "I'm going to give him some time.  I talked to him about our relationship, trust and honesty.  I want to give him the chance to see if it means the same thing to him as it does me.  Did you see his hands this morning?"  She nodded knowing exactly where I was going with that question.  I finally got dressed in blue skinny jeans, a pink long sleeved V-neck tee shirt and pink Chuck Taylor's; I left my hair down and went with minimal makeup.  Lana got a text from Adriano saying they were on their way back.  I told her to go back to her room to wait for Adriano; I needed to talk to Dimitri alone.  She understood.

Dimitri walked into the room to find Carina on the balcony again but at least she wasn't drinking, just smoking.  God sometimes she looked so young.  He was looking at her just sitting there, head back against the chair and right leg crossed over her left.  He knew that she was looking for complete honesty and candidness from him and he was going to give it to her.  He'd come too far with her and loved her too much to destroy it by keeping things from her.  She heard him come in and turned to look at him.  God he looked amazing.  He was in long sleeved white tee shirt with a short sleeved black screened tee shirt layered on top and tight blue jeans and biker boots.  He pulled out a chair, sat down, looked at her and said "We need to talk."

He started from the very beginning.  Her mother, Natasha, got involved with a low-life mobster named Yuri Asimov.  He treated her horribly.  It got worse when he found out she was pregnant.  The orphanage where Carina lived for almost 5 years had an underground system, if you will, to help young girls in Russia and other places get out of scary situations.  They smuggled Natasha out of Moscow and got her to Brighton Beach where Carina was born.  She tried for 11 months to keep her and her daughter together and safe but she got word that Yuri was looking for her, to kill her and his kid.  She remembered the orphanage and went back looking for their help and she got it.  They took Carina and Natasha lived on the run until her body was discovered in a burned out apartment.

The Romanov's were connected, so they reached out to the Alexandrov family and explained what was going on.  Dimitri's father had made a deal with them; provide certain services, etc. he would take steps to make sure that she was kept safe.  Dimitri was 17 when he was told the story and he immediately said that he would be her protector.  He didn't know her but to him it didn't matter.  By the time she was 17 and he was 24 their relationship really started to blossom.  He doesn't know why they never asked for pictures of each other, it just never seemed important.  When she turned 25 the rumors really began to grow regarding her biological father coming back into the picture and then on to present day when he and the Romanov's along with the Costas family and some of the other families decided it was time for Dimitri to fulfill his obligation and he was ready for that task.