three; katerina

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES

CHAPTER THREE; KATERINA
(S2E9)

ADELAIDE groaned as she woke up. She ran her hand through her tangled hair before brushing her teeth. She took a quick shower, did her makeup, and got dressed. She was putting on her shoes until she heard her voice. Adelaide used her vampire speed to rush downstairs and pin her to the wall.

"I thought I locked you in the tomb, Katherine." Adelaide hissed— her vampire face showing as she tightened her grip on her. Little did she know that, that was Elena Gilbert. Katherine's doppelgänger. Damon and Stefan tried to rip Adelaide off of Elena but ended up getting a fist to their throat or getting pushed into a wall.

"I-I'm Elena." She gasped out as she tried to inhale oxygen. "I'm Elena Gilbert."

Adelaide's grip started to loosen and Elena breathed in air. "Elena?" She asked. Elena nodded as she tried to back up.

"Why do you look like-" That's when Adelaide started to realize. "You've got to be kidding? Another doppelgänger! More importantly, a Petrova one, too."

"Finally figured it out." Damon gasped as he held his throat. Adelaide used her vampire speed and threw a pencil at Damon, which landed in his shoulder. He groaned and glared at Adelaide while she smiled bitterly.

"Sorry for that, love." Adelaide looked at Elena with a fake smile. "I really hate Katherine and any chance I get to kill her— I take it. But unfortunately it was you. And I thought you were her."

Elena rubbed her her throat. "It's okay..."

"Adelaide." She said. "Adelaide Salvatore."

"Salvatore? You guys are related?" Elena asked Damon and Stefan with wide eyes.

"Sadly." Damon mutters. Adelaide glares at him.

"Anyways," Elena looked at Stefan. "What is this about?"

Stefan then took a step to the side and standing behind him was Rose. Elena's kidnapper. Elena looked at her with fear. "You."

Stefan nods at Elena, telling her that it was okay. They walked into the main room of the boarding house and sat down listening to Rose.

"Ok, You have to understand I only know what I've picked up I've the years." Rose says. "And I don't know what's true and what's not true. That's the problem with all this vampire crap. But Klaus, I know is real."

"Who is he?" Elena asks.

"He's one of the originals. He's a legend." Adelaide says from her spot on the couch next to Elena.

"From one of the first generation of vampires." Stefan informs Elena.

"Like Elijah." Elena says.

"No. Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus." Adelaide says.

"He was a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal." Rose adds.

"Klaus is known to be the oldest." Stefan says as Damon rolls his eyes.

"Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?" Elena asks.