twenty-seven; dangerous liaisons

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN; DANGEROUS LIAISONS
(S3E14)

——
ADELAIDE's point of view

I woke up the next day to the sound of someone pounding on my door like they were the police. It was the most annoying thing ever. Though I'd rater wake up like that everyday if it meant that Elena wasn't living on this Earth. Yes, I hate her. She the reason why me and my brothers don't have the same sibling relationship like we used too.

I flashed down to my door and swung it open, ready to scream at whoever was standing outside of my house but no one was there. It was a huge box laying on my doorstep. I picked it up, bringing it into my house. I read the note attached to the bow around the box. I rolled my eyes seeing the "M" printed on it. Which only meant... Mikaelson.

It was an invitation to a ball.

Please join the...
Mikaelson family
This evening at seven o'clock
for dancing, cocktails, and celebration

"A ball?" I wondered out loud. I flipped it over, seeing if there was any other words written on there and there was.

Save me a dance, my love?
— Klaus

I scoffed. I threw the note down on the table near by and opened the box. Inside was a beautiful navy green dress with diamonds in just the right places. I shoved it back in the box, quickly grabbing my shoes and keys before heading to the Mikaelson residence.

I walked into their house and all their eyes snapped towards me. I held up the invitation. "What the hell is this?"

"It's an invitation, love." Rebekah responded.

I rolled my eyes. "I know that but... why?"

"Mother says it's a great way to get to know the people in Mystic Falls." Elijah explained. I rolled my eyes once more.

"Rebekah, Adelaide, tell me how handsome I am." Kol smirked at himself in the mirror.

"Ah, Kol, you know i can't be compelled." Rebekah remarked. Everyone snickered.

"It's alright, best friend. You look handsome." I smiled at him. He turned his head slightly and smirked at me.

Our conversation was cut short when someone busted through the doors. Coming in was Klaus. A very angry Klaus.

"You went after Elena?" Klaus growled. "What is wrong with you?"

Rebekah bitterly smiled at him. "Here we go."

"Oh, come on, B, if you were going to go after her then you should've invited me." I pouted. She shook her head at me.

"Do you want another dagger in your heart?" Klaus threatened.

"Again with the dagger threats? Don't you have any other tricks?" Kol butted in.

"Oh, go back to staring at yourself." Klaus snapped at him.

"And who are you, my father?" Kol pressed on.

"No, Kol, but you're in my house." Klaus stepped to Kol, making him stand up.

"Then perhaps we should go outside." Kol suggested.

"Enough!" Some yelled behind me. I turned around seeing Esther there. Her hair was shorter and now she was in style with today's generation. "Niklaus, come."