fifteen; the hybrid

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES

CHAPTER FIFTEEN; THE HYBRID
(S3E2)

ADELAIDE groaned as she, her brother, and Klaus walked up the hill of the Smoky Mountain. They had been walking for an hour trying to find Ray's pack. "My feet hurt." Adelaide groaned.

"Would you like me to carry you, love?" Klaus asked teasingly.

She faked gagged. "No thank you. I'd rather jump in a pool of vervain."

"I find that offensive."

"Well suck it up, wanker." She replied with a scowl on her face.

Klaus rolled his eyes at her. He looked toward Stefan who didn't look good himself. "You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?"

"I'm fine." Stefan said curtly.

"You sure about that. You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit down..." Klaus taunted.

Adelaide's eyes widened. "How come you find offer me those stuff. I'm dying over here!"

"I offered to carry you, sweetheart." Klaus countered.

Stefan rolled his eyes at the two. Completely done with them and their flirting. He looked over at Klaus. "You into, I get that were, uh–" He trailed off slightly. "–were stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great."

"So much brooding, Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend." The hybrid smirked.

"Maybe it's cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves." Stefan rolled his eyes again.

Adelaide raised her hand, grinning. "Hear, hear!"

"Well thanks to Ray, we've found ourselves a pack." Klaus grinned as they walked towards the small clearing in the woods. "There."

They all stopped what they were doing, looking towards the three vampires. Stefan entered the camp grounds and everyone looked at him. He threw Ray's lifeless body on the ground, hitting it with a soft thud. A women rushed over to him.

"Ray! Oh, my god!" She looked up at Stefan. "What's going on? Who are you?"

Klaus walked into the campsite, dragging Adelaide with him. "The important question is who I am." He smirked, wrapping his arm around Adelaide's waist. "Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."

The women stood up, backing away in fear. Her guard now up. "You're the hybrid."

"You've heard of me. Fantastic." Klaus smiled.

Klaus and Stefan were sitting on a log in the campsite, everyone's eyes on them. Adelaide was far from everyone. Meaning, sitting in a tree near by, picking at her nails. She was unbelievably bored.

"It's fascinating, actually..." Klaus grinned. "A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid."