fourteen; the birthday

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES

CHAPTER FOURTEEN; THE BIRTHDAY
(S3E1)

ADELAIDE and Klaus walked up to a house in the middle of the woods. It was a big, house with many windows. Klaus had his arm wrapped around Adelaide's waist, walking up to a blonde haired women who was calling for her dog. She jumped when she saw the two behind her.

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." Klaus apologized, using his fake American accent.

"Can I help you?" She asked.

"Yeah, my, uh, my car ran out of gas a couple miles back. I feel like I've been walking forever. Yours is the first house I'd come to, so I was hoping. I could use your phone." He said.

"Don't you have a cell phone?" She asked.

Adelaide pulled out her phone. "Heh. Yeah, battery died." She said, using her fake American accent.

"Look, promise I'm not a serial killer. I just want to use your phone." Klaus fake smiles.

The blonde girl sighs. "Sure."

"So... I can come in?" Klaus walks forward, his arm still around Adelaide's waist.

"No. I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you." She smirked.

"Smooth." Adelaide muttered, her English accent showing.

"I thought you country folk were supposed to be more trusting." Klaus smile and accent dropped.

"I'm from Florida." She states.

"Well, that explains it." Klaus then grabs the girl but the neck, compelling her. "Now show me a little southern hospitality... sweet pea."

She then invites Adelaide and Klaus in, Klaus' hand gripping the back of her neck.

"I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran away to a house with air conditioning." A dark skinned girl said. She turned around dropping the pan that was in her hand on the table looking towards Klaus and Adelaide in confusion.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"Please don't be alarmed." Adelaide smiler evilly. "We're told Ray Sutton lives here."

"He's almost never here." She says fearfully. "He's on the road mostly."

"But I expect he makes it home." Klaus steps forward. "Once a month. That's what I though. Where is her now?"

"If I have to make you tell me, it's going to be infinitely more painful for you." Adelaide rolls her eyes when she doesn't get a reply back.

She then runs out a door close to her, then to the front door but screams when she sees Stefan right outside the door.

"I love it when they run." Klaus laughs, walking towards the women.

"He's in Tulley. It's near the border. A bar called Southern Comfort. It's off highway 41." The women said, tears streaming down her face.