twenty-one; ordinary people

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE; ORDINARY PEOPLE
(S3E8)

ADELAIDE woke up to the sound of her phone ringing. She looked at the screen and calling her was Rebekah.

"Rebekah. To what do I owe you the pleasure?" Adelaide greeted.

"We have cheer practice! Now get your butt down here now!" Rebekah said sternly.

Adelaide groaned. "What if I don't want to be a cheerleader anymore?"

"Then I better see you in the stand cheering me on." Rebekah said before hanging up.

She groaned, rolling her eyes before heading towards her closet. She put on something descent then put her hair in a pony tail before heading to the school.

"Adelaide! You came." Rebekah smiled in victory.

"I didn't have a choice." Adelaide rolled her eyes.

Adelaide sat on the benches watching as she stretch. Rebekah started to do a few back flips but stopped when Elena walked in front of her. Adelaide stood up and walked next to Rebekah.

"You. Goody." Rebekah said sarcastically.

"I was hoping we could talk." Elena said.

"About what? Stefan?" Rebekah scoffed. "Don't worry. I'm off him until he starts treating me better. In fact, you should probably take a page out of my book, if I'm being honest."

Elena dug through he bag and pulled out a picture of Rebekah's name writing in Viking. "Actually, I'd rather talk about this."

Rebekah's smirk dropped and she glared at Elena. "I'm curious why you and Klaus have spent a thousand years running from your father."

Rebekah stared at Elena in shock and in fear from that question. "I should get back to the girls. Homecoming's right around the corner."

"Well, then maybe I'll ask Mikael when we wake him." Elena said. Adelaide and Rebekah's eyes widened.

"You're bluffing." Rebekah said. "You don't know where he is."

"So then who's rotting in that old cemetery in Charlotte?" Elena asked.

"If you wake Mikael, we are all doomed." Rebekah snapped.

"So then tell me." Elena pushed on.

"Why do you want to know?" Adelaide asked in fear for Rebekah.

"Why don't you want me to wake him." Elena asked.

Rebekah stared at Elena in anger. "I need to get back to the girls."

As Rebekah walked away. Adelaide gripped Elena's arm. "What the bloody hell do you think you're doing?"

"I'm trying to we some answers." Elena grimaces in pain from Adelaide's tight hold on her arm.

"Threatening an Original shouldn't be the first option on your list," Adelaide hissed. "I will tell you now, this plan you and my idiotic brother, Damon, are planning is not going to work."