Chapter 16

Chapter 16

After we got home last night and I was able to get Liam his bath and into bed, I went to the kitchen grabbed a bottle of tequila and locked myself in my room. Evan knew that it was best to leave me alone, but Shannon on the other hand couldn't take a hint. She kept trying to get me to talk to her, but all I did was ignore her. I knew the second I opened my mouth to say something, I would've completely blown up on her. Eventually she finally gave up and just went home.

I seriously still can't believe she did that to me!

It's now six-forty in the morning and I just took a couple pain killers to help with the slight hangover I woke up with. I tried my best not to drink too much, but I guess I didn't do the absolute best I could. I'm debating about whether or not I should even bother getting out of bed. After yesterday the last thing I want to do is go to school and see Mia again. Nor do I want to see Shannon, I still feel a strong urge to kill her, or at the very least kick her ass.

Maybe I should just call in sick, I'm sure if I beg Evan I can get him to take Liam to school for me. If I were to go to school there's no telling how awkward it could be, and I think the events of yesterday supplied me with enough awkward to last me a life time. I really want to just stay in bed so I don't have to find out, but the rational part of me knows that I can't avoid this for forever.

Around seven my head has pretty much stopped throbbing and I decide it's probably best to just rip off the band aide, so to speak. I finish off my bottle of water and slowly get out of my bed. I head to Liam's room and flip on the light and see that he's still asleep.

"Hey, little man. It's time to get up," I say while gently nudging him.

"I don't wanna!" he mumbles and curls up under the covers.

"But today's your second day of kindergarten!" I say, sure that it will work, but surprisingly does not.

"I'm too sleepy," he yawns.

His excitement for school certainly wore off faster than I thought it would.

"So am I, but we got to go to school," I say pulling off the covers, grabbing his arms and pulling him into a sitting position. I'm holding his arms out in front of him and he's just sitting on the bed his eyes closed and head dropped forward. I can't help but crack a smile at how cute he looks.

"Come on!" I say letting go of him and his head falls back on the pillow. I can't keep myself from letting out a small laugh. "You have five minutes to get up and into the kitchen on your own, or I'm going to come back and drag you out of bed myself," I say before leaving the room and heading to the kitchen to start making his breakfast.

Fifteen minutes later I set out a glass of juice and a plate with scrambled eggs, sausage, and a piece of toast for Liam. Seeing as the five minutes I gave him are long up I'm about to head to his room and drag him out of bed when I see him shuffling from the hall towards the kitchen. I smile once again at how cute he looks. His hair is sticking out in a million different directions and he's rubbing his eyes trying to get the sleep out of them.

"Morning!" I say.

"Morning..." he mumbles back as he sits at the counter. I just smile, walk around the counter and quickly kiss him on the forehead.

"Eat your breakfast, I'm going to take a quick shower and then help you get ready," I tell him while I attempt to smooth out his hair, but quickly give up. He just gives me a slight nod and starts eating.

I head to my room, grab a towel and go to my bathroom. I turn on the hot water and strip out of my clothes before slowly getting in the shower. The second the hot water hits me I let out a deep breath and lean my head against the front wall of the shower as my body starts to relax. I just stay like that for a few minutes, taking deep breaths as I feel the hot water run down my back. Maybe I really should just call in sick, there is still time to do so.