Chapter 56

AN: Not much to this chapter story wise. It's mostly just a bunch of nice Avery and Mia moments, so I don't think I'll get any complaints. Sorry it took so long. I hope you enjoy it! :)

Chapter 56

Mia's POV

'When are you coming over? I miss you! ... and I'm bored.'

A smile instantly forms on my face as I read Avery's text message.

'I just saw you like six hours ago. I'm almost done grading and I'll be over soon.' I text back and I hear Layla clear her throat from the couch. I pick my head up and look at her.

"I thought you were supposed to be grading?" she says and I shrug.

"I am," I say as my phone goes off again with another text from Avery.

'Grade faster!' she replies and I roll my eyes and laugh a little.

"Seems to me that you're actually texting your girlfriend instead," she says and a huge smile appears on my face at the word girlfriend.

"I'm doing both," I tell her and I hear her sigh in the background as I continue texting.

'You're texting me only slows down the process!' I reply back to Avery and wait a moment. When I don't get a reply back from her I laugh a little and go back to grading.

"So," I hear Layla say. "Now that you and your girl are finally together, I think we should double date!" she says as she continues to watch me grade papers. I look up at her with a raised brow.

"Um, I think the fact that you just watched me grade Avery's essay about ten minutes ago proves just how impossible that would be!" I say and she rolls her eyes.

"I didn't say we would go out. We could have a movie night here or something," she says and I shrug my shoulders.

"Sounds fine to me. I'll run it by Avery when I go over to her place later tonight."

"Are you ever at home anymore?" she asks and I look at her with a raised brow.

"Where does it look like I am now?" I ask and laugh as she rolls her eyes again.

"Mia, don't be a smart ass!" she says. "I mean, when was the last time you actually slept in your own bed?"

"Uh," I say as I think. "Last Monday when Avery came over to make up with me."

"I knew it!" she declares.

"What's the point of this line of questioning?" I ask with a small laugh and she shrugs her shoulders a little.

"No point really. Just pointing out how much time you spend with her."

"Is that a bad thing?" I ask.

"Well, I hardly see you anymore. And watching you grade isn't my favorite way to spend time with you. But other than that, no. It's not. You look really happy!" she says and I smile at her.

"I am really happy!" I say and she smiles at me. "And I'm sorry about not spending much time with you. I really will ask Avery about that double date thing, and maybe we could do something just the two of us later this week."

"Good!"

I laugh and then a thought crosses my mind. "Wait, does Robert know that Avery's my student?" I ask and she goes silent for a second.

"You know what. I have absolutely no fucking idea!" she says and I sigh.

"You think it would be a problem for him? I mean he is Avery's cousin, and it might not sit right with him."