Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Shannon's POV

"Have you heard from her?" Evan asks as he rushes into the apartment.

"No I haven't, I keep calling her phone, but she either turned it off or it's dead because it goes to voicemail each time," I tell him as I continue pacing.

"How worried should we be right now?"

"I don't know... she swore she wouldn't ever try to do it again and I believe her... or I did at the time... I just don't know..." I tell him as I collapse on the couch and take deep breathes in a hopeless attempt to calm down.

"I never should have left her alone," he says regretfully as he sits next to me.

"This isn't your fault. You tried your best to keep anything from happening, it was impossible to keep everyone from her."

"It is my fault. After I heard what Kenneth did I was pissed, but I should have gone to her and not after him. Had I been with her she wouldn't have had to deal with Adrianna alone."

"This isn't your fault Evan, if anything its Adrianna's fault. I swear if it weren't for Avery, I would have kicked her ass a long time ago," I say and he lets out a small laugh.

"I definitely wouldn't have stopped you. Honestly, I really have been wanting to take a swing at Jack pretty much since the day I met him."

"They both are more than deserving."

"Couldn't agree more," he says just as my phone rings. "Is it her?"

"It's an unknown number."

"Well answer anyways, it could be her," he says as I'm already answering the phone.

"Hey..." someone says over the phone.

"Avery is that you?" I ask, trying not to panic.

"Yes it's me."

"My god Avery where have you been? Where are you? Do you need me to come get you? Are you okay? We've been worried sick about you," I say in pretty much one breath.

"This could take a while," I hear her say.

"What? What could take a while?" I ask in confusion. What is she saying?

"Nothing Shannon I wasn't talking to you."

"Well who were you talking to? Please tell me you're okay," I say.. I look over at Evan to see he's just as worried as me, if not more.

"Yes I'm fine," she says, but it doesn't make me feel much better.

"Well where are you and who are you with?

"I'm with Mia," she says and my eyes widen a little. I'm totally shocked and I see Evan looking at me with confusion.

"You're with Mia?" I ask trying to clarify.

"Yes."

"Oh my god. How did that happen? Are you finally done ignoring her? Are you going to tell her how you feel?" I rush out.

"Are you done?" she asks with a sigh.

"No, I'm not done until you answer my questions. Did you two have sex or are you going to?"

"It's not like that."

"Then what's it like and why are you with her?"

"Look... I can't really talk about that right now I just called to say that I'm okay," she says hesitantly and my eyes widen again.