Chapter 9: Star Goddess

Michael's POV

January 20, 1987
Los Angeles

It is not often that Liyah and I ever stay mad at one another for more than a day

It is not often that Liyah and I ever stay mad at one another for more than a day. Sometimes, I doesn't even last that long. We would make up maybe five hours after an argument no matter how bad it was. Simply because I hated the tension that would be building up between us. It didn't seem right. This time was different. I was still a little pissed because I didn't expect her to be so irresponsible, but I was over what happened within two days. With her, it was a whole different story. It had been a whole week and there was still tension and anger that she was holding against me. The crazy thing about it was I didn't do anything wrong.

These past few months I have seen her stressed out over the work of an album, travels for promoting and supporting a movie she had became a part of, being generous to speak with the unfortunate souls at Dr. Johnson's office once a month, and on top of that, she was trying to put together her own organization for the people that who were just like her. She was juggling all of that along with her priorities with the group and at home right along with it.

Even though she didn't show it, she wasn't fooling me. I don't know what made her think that even after almost ten years of knowing each other she could hide things from me. I knew Liyah like the back of my hand. I could tell if there was something wrong with her before she even realizes it for herself. So, I know what kind of a strain it was having on her emotionally. She had a lot of pressure being placed on her all at once and she was trying the best she could to keep it all together.

No one knew what the reason was for Nikki's sudden suicide attempts. It was very sad that she wanted to end her life so badly, and I pray that she would get pass whatever it is that was having a toll on her life. No one knew how to handle it at all. Liyah and Leena were the only two who tried to help her. I didn't know what Leena's reasoning was. She seemed to become more and more compassionate. She seemed to have a desire to help the people she love now. Just like Liyah. The difference between Liyah and Leena was that Leena knew how to let things go when she saw that that things were getting out of hand to handle on her own. Liyah was totally different. She wouldn't give up trying, even when things got hopeless.

I guess I couldn't blame her for not wanting to give up on someone she loved. I never gave up on her. But I knew that her reasoning was far more deep than just not wanting to give up. It was all because she felt guilty.

Part of supporting her movie was recording a soundtrack that went right along with it. The music from the movie was popular on the charts at the time with just a couple of singles that was released some time ago. Those singles were already nominated for American Music awards, and were in the possibility of being nominated for a Grammy as well. Savannah thought that in order to celebrate and promote more of the singles from the soundtrack she would through a showcase party in Los Angeles for the fans. This would be the first time Liyah would perform a full show alone. Without the girls.