Chapter 35: The Fury

I stormed from the wings--blood pressure rising, pulse racing. The sound of my heels pounding across the hard floor was pounding in my ears. I was so angry that I couldn't even think straight. My brain was scattered. My thoughts were going in so many directions; grabbing a hold of everything I had been suppressing for so long to the center of my brain. The lies, betrayal, rumors, the emotional pain...All tangling themselves into an unbreakable knot, leaving an aching feeling in my chest at which I could barely bare.  

The anger I felt as staggered down the long hall was boiling deep inside of me--like hot lava. It churned within me--hungry for destruction--and I knew it was far too much for me to handle. All I could think about was the many things I was going to do to her once I got my hands on her. Fires of fury and hatred were smoldering in my soul, causing me to ball my hands up in a tight fist as I dug my nails deep within my skin. I felt it begin to break, and warm blood began to ooze  on my fingertips. I felt a sense of relief come over me. The anger that was controlling me released it grip around me.

 I found her, not far from the stage entrance. Leaning upon the wall, as if it was there to protect her or something. Frank was yelling at her, and she was crying. 

"...fuck you think you were doin'?" He jeered. 

And just as I was about to walk over to them, and demand to know what the hell she was thinking, Miko came booming out of nowhere. "How the hell dare you do that to Michael! Fucking bitch, what were you doing! How you can take advantage of him that way before all those people!" He went on and on, screaming at her.

Tatiana's face was beet red and drenched with sweat and tears. She wasn't saying anything. She wasn't moving. She was just standing stiff in her place with fear lingering within her eyes. It was like she was trapped between fear and heartbreak. It was a look I recognized and knew all too well, and made my heart ache for her. She wasn't crying because of what she had done. She was crying because she didn't know what they were going to do to her. 

She was fearing the worse.

"Hey!" Frank and Miko were etched with anger. They were going back and forth with yelling at her as if it was some kind of match, and they were tag teaming one another. Telling her it was unprofessional. That she was taking advantage of him...I stood in the midst of it all with my presence being totally ignored. "Hey!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. 

Tatiana's brown eyes widened with fear. 

"You need to stop!" I said, curtly. "Both of you!" 

Both of them looked at me as if I had lost my mind.

"Come with me," I told Tatiana. 

"What are you doin'?" Frank looked highly frustrated. "She kissed Michael!" 

"I know! But screaming at her"--I looked over at Miko--"and calling her a bitch is not gonna fix this situation." I tried walking around him, but he step in my way. 

"No, you--"

"Frank!" I jeered loudly. "Move out of my way. I am not in the mood." I turned to Tatiana, "Let's go." 

I lead her to my dressing room and shut the door behind me. Turning around I met her frantic gaze. "Liyah, I--" 

I held my hand up, stopping her from saying anything me. 

"No, Liyah. Please, j-just...just let me explain myself." She insisted. Her eyes were darting frantically around the room. She couldn't even look at me. "I didn't mean to kiss him. Okay? I just...I just..." She breathed heavily and leaned against the wall. 

With a raised eyebrow, I asked, "You just what?" 

"I don't know!" She shrugged her shoulders, and began to nervously play with her curls. "I was just...caught in the moment, I guess."