Chapter 16: Ghosting

Leena's POV

With everything we had going on, Q was on our asses about our next studio album. With Long Way To Happy being our best album so far, it was hard trying to make this one better. He didn't know what message we were trying to get across with the
album, we didn't even know what kind of songs we wanted to be on the album. It was Liyah who came up with all that shit. We all just followed along after her. It was Liyah who did eighty percent of the work on our last album. She came up with the videos, she came up with our styles. She even came up with the album cover that was different from and other cover we had ever done. It had us all on a road with a wolf guiding us to where ever it was we were trying to go. I didn't really understand it, and when she explained it to me. I still didn't get it the shit.

The fact of the matter is, the creative mind in our group was going through creators block

The fact of the matter is, the creative mind in our group was going through creators block. She hadn't brought in a single demo tape, she hadn't came up with a single idea for any of our up coming performances and shows. She wasn't coming up with anything! And we were getting close to the dead line. We needed to get a single out as soon as possible. Regardless if Nikki was in the hospital or not, we had to continue that album or we would be dropped from the label. Not that I actually gave two fucks about that, but I knew that our fans did. They were expecting a new record and we were letting them down.

"CBS is getting impatient," Q was telling us when we sat in Westlake Studios to discuss the issue. Just about everyone was there. Jojo sat next to Quincy in front of the mixer board. Kidada and I sat across from them. Tammy sat on the floor as she always did. The only person who was missing was Liyah. "The company is getting impatient, and I'm getting impatient!"

"Look, we are trying," I began, but Jojo's loud snicker stopped my words mid sentence.

"No we are not! We haven't written a single song for the album."

"I thought we were waitin' on Liyah," Tammy said.

I shook my head, "Remember? She said she didn't have anything to say." I mimicked her voice.

"My question is why are you all waiting for Liyah to write a song when you're totally capable of writing one yourself?" Quincy asked us.

"Because Liyah writes all the hits," I explained.

Quincy's eyebrows furrowed.

"But Liyah isn't contributing anything," Jojo said, looking at me. " We can't just wait on her."

"We can't just write bunch of songs and have the album sound like shit either."

She glared at me, pressing her lips together in frustration. "Do you want us to get dropped?"

 "Do you want us to get dropped?"