This Christmas (Part 3)

Tammy's POV

"You made me look like a fucking idiot in front everybody," His voice was rough as he clenched the steering wheel with his hand.

I didn't answer, only because I was still a bit shaken by the whole thing.

"I mean, every fucking body! My mom was right there, and that's how you do me?"

Still, I said nothing.

We were driving down a dark road that led us away from Liyah's home. I was relieved to be away from there. I never felt comfortable around Liyah or Nikki or anyone else in the group. Well, except for Leena. Leena was laid back and cool. She wasn't serious all the time. She liked drinking, smoking her cigarettes and talking about dicks all the time. That's what I liked most about her. She didn't care.

Her little sister was different. I couldn't decide what she was like, because there was so many different sides to her. One minute she's cool, the next she's serious and uptight. She intimidated me because I felt like she was the boss and I was her employee. We've never actually had full conversation with one another unless it was in the studio or during rehearsals. During those times, that's when she is at her hardest. That's when she makes us do things over and over again until we turn it to perfection. She never went clubbing with us. It seemed like she was too good for all that. I mean, imagine Little Miss Liyah in a club partying in a Saturday night. You can't picture it, because it is less likely to happen. She wasn't a partier like her sister. Liyah is about her work and her family. That's it. She carried herself in such a sophisticated way that I only thought the other relationship we would ever have was business one.

She was beautiful, though. Very exotic looking. The first time I saw her I was attracted to her. I was attracted to her baby face, her dimpled smile, her color changing, almond shaped eyes. The way her long, thick black hair cascaded down her back. The way it swayed from side to side was she walked. The curves of her small frame. She didn't need make up or clothes to make her look good. Hell, she could just show up in a trash bag and still be beautiful. Her attitude only made her all the more sexy. I could see why people was so obsessed with her. So in love with her. She had something that was meant to be loved by both sexes.

I've always found both sexes to be attractive. Both men and women. I saw nothing wrong with it either. It made things more interesting in my love life. I never saw how anyone could just stick to one thing for the rest of their life. I like alternating between things. Trying new things. I had always been that way. Especially with the people I dated.

I had never been in a serious relationship until I met DJ. I didn't know that he was Denise Wilson's twin brother until Leena told me. It made things a bit awkward for considering the fact that she was dead and I was her replacement. But that awkwardness went away the more I got to know him.

He was no gentleman. I never understood why women always want men to be a gentleman. Holding doors for them and pulling out chairs. I know it's a respect thing, but a man can pull out a chair and still beat you with it. Those things do not make a man a gentleman. I didn't even think there were any gentlemen in the world. I mean, Liyah's husband seemed to be a gentleman, but I also remember her telling Leena that he had a bad temper. She said it was rare that he ever lost it, but when he did, no one would want to be around him. I remember being confused by that because Michael seemed to be the nicest person in the world. I couldn't imagine him losing his temper. I couldn't even imagine him raising his voice. It just didn't fit the way he carried himself. I had to remind myself that I didn't really know him like talking about it. He was a total recluse. Eddie Murphy said it best in his recent stand up comedy show, Raw. "You know, he's a recluse. He maybe a bad mother fucker behind closed doors."