Chapter 45: Dead or Alive

Leena's POV

The sound of my phone ringing barely brought me out of my trance, but somehow I managed to bring my shaking hand down to my purse where I grabbed a hold of and pulled up the antenna. My eyes stayed glued to the TV when I pulled the phone up to my ear. "Aleena!" Savannah's loud and frantic voice made me jump and I felt my eyes sting with tears.

"Why was she with her?" I asked, abruptly. "What was she doing with her?"

"I-I don't know. But, Leena where are you?" I heard a lot of clutter and rummaging in the background. "You need to get here. We have to get to the hospital."

But I didn't say anything to her. I had completely zoned out as my mind was brought back to the words of the reporters when Vincent had dragged me into the living room:

"Let's get straight to the breaking news out of Hollywood tonight," the brunette said.

Then the guy with blond hair looked towards the camera. 

"Two of the members of world's most successful recording groups, Promise--whose latest album Circus has sold over 15 million copies, has been involved in a bad car accident in Los Angeles, California." The headline read. "Promise Members Injured In Car accident", but no one was saying who until the brunette continued to speak. "Jolene Spears and Aaliyah Haughton-Jackson was driving through south Los Angeles when the black Corvette ran a red light and was hit by a truck," That's when every muscle in body began to tighten and all the air around grew thin. "...and rolled over three times before landing on its wheels and catching fire. Medical attention was quick to respond to the accident and both singers were removed from the car and rushed to UCLA medical center."

Concert footage of us began flashing through the screen as they continued with the report and then the screen flashed over to another woman from a local Los Angeles news station. 

"Good evening to you," she said, though her face was serious. "Just take a look at the scene of this crash..." When the camera directed it's on the burned black Corvette that was when my heart fell to the deepest pits of my stomach and I had zoned out on everything that the reporter was saying.

" When the camera directed it's on the burned black Corvette that was when my heart fell to the deepest pits of my stomach and I had zoned out on everything that the reporter was saying

A 911 call was recorded, and images of firemen trying to put out the fire were then shown. The car was absolutely engulfed in flames and I heard someone say, "One of them is Jojo from Promise." Then they started mentioning the fact that Liyah was pregnant and that there no word on her, the baby, or Jojo's condition. That is what made the tears finally sting at my eyes. 

"I heard the crash, I saw the flames," a witness said. "I didn't know who was in the car, but I rushed over to help as quick as we could to find out was going on."