Chapter 36: Riot of The Heart

Leena's POV

Never have I ever had to fear for my own life. I've never felt like it was at risk or in danger. Not when my father touched me. Or when I would lay up with boys I barely even knew. Not when my parents left me in an empty apartment with no food for two weeks. I didn't know that all those things could potentially become the end of me, because that was my life. That is what I used to. That was my norm. And because it was my norm I never thought that it could fatal to my life. Ever. Am I going to die was never a thought that crossed my mind even in the darkest period of my life. But as I was running--dodging people and gunshots--the thought ran through my mind for as many times as it should have while I was growing up.

Reporters were trampling us and each other in an attempt to get close to Liyah. They were like a stampede. Stalking towards us with fire in their eyes. Pushing on to the platform until it just collapsed underneath us. And even then, they didn't stop. They started crawling on top of it with their microphones attached to their hands, demanding that she answered their questions.

Scared out of our minds, we ran! We ran, but they started coming out if nowhere. Front the front of us. From the sides. Even behind us. Security was quick to intervene, but they weren't enough. Somehow, someway fans got into the mix of it and we were suddenly crowded. There were a thousand hands coming at me all at once. Someone had ripped my jacket. Another person had pulled my hair. I had lost a shoe. My heart felt like a fish flopping around the pits of my stomach. My mind was spinning like crazy. I thought these people would murder me, for real.

Anything that happened after that was a big blur. All I remember that police officers came out of nowhere, attacking anyone who stood in their way. Gun shots were being fired, people were screaming at the top of their lungs. Running around like a chicken with its head cut off. And in the middle of this, I thought that if this was going to be end. At least I had time to straighten my ass out before I came face to face with God.

Some how, some way, I found myself in the hotel lobby. Catching my breath, with my shaking hands grasping on to my beating heart. I looked back at the mob that was spiraling into a frenzy and asked myself how the fuck did make it out of that alive. This looked like some crazy shit you'd only see on the news.

"Leena!" I turned around to see Tammy coming towards me. She pulled me into her arms and hugged me tightly. "You good, girl?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I answered, breathlessly as I looked back at the chaos.

"Aleena!"

I turned to see that the lobby was completely empty from hotel guests and workers, and that the only people who were standing there was Tammy and Nikki, Savannah,William, Michael and his bodyguards, Vincent, Bill, and Malik.

Savannah was stalking towards me like one of those reporters were. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" She hissed once she was less than two feet from my face.

I took a step back, "What do you mean?"

"I specifically told you to watch what you say out there. Watch you damn mouth and you couldn't control it for one hour!" She screamed. "One hour, Leena! You had one freaking job, and now look at you've caused!" Her arm fell in the direction of the mob. "You could have gotten us killed!"

I was too shaky to even respond with anger. I still hadn't grasped what the hell had happened. My eyes were glued on the crowd. More policeman and fireman had shown up. I was watching as the officers tried to put everyone under control.

"Why would you go and tell them that?" I heard her ask. "I said not to answer any questions--"

"You blaming me for this?" I asked. Meeting her angry gaze.