Chapter 33: The Dark Side of The Stage

Leena's POV

As I stabbed my cigarette down in a nearby ashtray, I looked up at my sister curiously

As I stabbed my cigarette down in a nearby ashtray, I looked up at my sister curiously. She was sitting across from me, sipping on a hot cup of tea and skimming through the restaruants menu. She hardly spoken a work since we arrived in the empty hotel's diner. 

Tammy and Nikki was there along with me; also sitting in silence and going through the menu. Savannah and David was there too, only they were whispering among each other from the other side where Liyah was sitting. 

I watched them for a moment. They were looking over documents in a manilla folder, pointing at certain things on it and discussing it with each other. Every now and then I would hear Savannah say, "No, that would not be wise", and "Throw that out...it won't work that way." Liyah wouldn't look up at them at all. She was hiding underneath a hat that she wore that day to rehearsals. She didn't tell us why were there in the middle of the day, and she didn't seem at all concerned with what they were doing. Something was up. 

I turned my attention to Tammy who was sitting next to David and an empty chair. "Hey," I whispered to her. 

Her eyes flicked up from the menu then. 

"Let me borrow a cigarette

"Let me borrow a cigarette." 

"I just gave you twenty minutes ago!" She whinned. 

"And I need another one!" 

Sucking her teeth, she leaned back and picked her bag up from the floor. 

"Actually, can you wait to do that?" Liyah placed the menu down and slid it across the table. "I can't stand that smell, and we are in a confined area." 

I rolled my eyes. She couldn't take one day off from being a diva. 

As Tammy rolled the cigarette across the table, I caught in my hand and looked back at my little sister. "Why are in this confined place anyway?" 

Her answer was to the point, "We need to have a meeting." 

"About?" 

"What is to come in the next couple of months." She answered.