Chapter 13: Blind Spots

"Michael?" I called out as soon as I entered the house. Quickly, I pulled off my thick coat and placed it on the hanger inside the coat closet. "Baby?" I had news that I was dying to give him as soon as possible. I knew that he was home, because he had told me before leaving earlier that day that he didn't plan on staying in the studio for very long that day.

"Mommy!" Ari came running out of the kitchen reaching her arms out for me to pick her up.

"Hey, Ari!" I scooped her up and kissed her cheeks. " How's my baby girl?"

"Good," she said. "Daddy bought me ice cream today."

"Did he?"

"Yes, mim!"

I shook my head and began rubbing her soft hair. "Where's Daddy?"

"In here, Liyah!" I heard him say.

I placed Ari back down on her feet and walked into the dinning room area where I found him leaning against the wall with his arms crossed across his chest. I unfolded them, and invited myself inside. Kissing his soft lips in the process. "Guess what?"

"What?" He asked.

"They accepted!" I smiled. "They finally accepted it. By next year, the Shine Foundation will be up and running! Can you believe it?"

"Uh...yeah..."His eyes darted off to the side as he spoke. "I told you they would come through."

The smile I had on my face began to fade. "You don't seem very excited for me."

"Oh, no! I am!" He nodded quickly. "I'm proud of you, Li. It's just that...." His eyes went off to the side again.

Frowning my eyebrows with suspicion, I turned my head in the direction that he was looking, finding Leena, Bill, and Tyler all sitting at my dinning room table. "Leena, what are you doing here?" I had just seen that girl earlier when she asked to me do something that I really didn't agree on doing. Simply because it was crazy as hell. But that was besides the point. I Really didn't see no reason for her to just show up at my house unannounced. Did she tell me that she was coming by? I couldn't remember.

Then I noticed two more unannounced guests. Two men that I had never seen before in my life. One had a dark vibe to him. His hair was dark, almost black, cut short and surrounding his head in as it laid lazily on top. His eyes were chocolate brown, being overshadowed by his thick eyelashes. His skin was tan, and his strong features made me wonder if he was Italian or French. I couldn't really tell.

The other one was more buff than the other. His hair was brown and cut short. Nicely cropped on to of his head. His dark eyes didn't seem as intense as the other. He actually seemed friendly. Like the kind of guy you would find working in a hospital. His mouth was surrounded by facial hair that also looked nice and groomed. He, however, didn't even make eye contact with me. He sat there with his large hands on my place mat, playing with his finger nails. He seemed shy. I was convinced that that was what it really was.

" Who are they?" I asked. The brown-headed one looked up then.

"This is Damon," Bill said, pointing towards the mysterious looking one. " And this is Vincent," he pointed at the shy one.

"Okay..." I said. "Why are they here?"

"Remember Liyah?" Michael whispered to me. " They just joined the security team."

I gasped and slapped my forehead as I began to finally realize what was going on. "God, I forgot!" I walked around the table and shook both their hands. " I'm so sorry for my lack of hospitality. I'm Liyah."