Chapter 8: Agonizing Anger

Leena's POV

"Why did you bring her there in the first place?" I wasn't exactly sure if it was Michael on the phone that was I talking too. His voice had deepened a bit after I told him what happened. He sounded like a difference person.

"I...uh..." I began searching for a lie to tell. I knew I couldn't just tell him that I had suspicion about Denise's death investigation. I need Liyah to help me figure the whole thing out, and all it took was for him to talk her out of it. "She deserved to see her, Mike." That was pathetic thing to say, but shit, I didn't know what else to say.

"Leena, I specifically told you and Justin to keep Liyah away from her. She can't handle all that stuff right now."

"Look, don't fuss at Justin about this. He doesn't know I brought her."

"He doesn't know?!"

"Nope," I said.

He let out a long sigh. "Where's Liyah?"

"Malik took her and Ari...home..." Did I really just say that? I told myself that I wasn't going to mention that Ari was in the room when Nikki had her meltdown. That was only gonna piss him off more.

"Ariana was with her too?!"

"I'm sorry, Michael."

"Why was she with her in the first place," He berated.

"I don't know,"

"Was she in the room with the two of you?"

"Uh..." I was stuck. For as long as I had known Michael I had never seen or heard him as pissed off as he was now. He sounded so intimidating over the phone, I thought he would possibly bite my head off the next time I saw him.

"Aleena..." He said slowly. "Tell me she wasn't in the room."

"Okay," I smiled. "She wasn't in the room."

"Aleena!" My eyes widened at his anger accelerating through the phone. "Was she in the room?"

I glanced up towards the ceiling and sighed before switching the phone from one ear to the other. "She was," my voice was almost in a whisper.

"Where are they now?" He asked, abruptly.

"I..I don't know. They left ten minutes ago."

"Why did she bring her?" He asked again.

"She said that you were at the studio, and that Liana was helping Sasha with something so she didn't have a choice."

"She shouldn't even have been there in the first place," he said slowly. Enunciating each word as if I was a child who didn't understand basic English.

"Like I said, I am sorry."

"Whatever, Leena." His voice was sharp, almost cutting. " How's Nikki? "

"She's stable again," I told him. "They had to drug her back up."

"I'm going home now,"