Chapter 21: Across the Line

Written By: DGrayManLover

A/N: Let me warn you there are a lot of Egyptian God/Goddess's names in this chapter that you might not know how to pronounce, I mean I can't even pronounce them. Even with the help of the internet, lol. Anyways pronounce them however you like!

Chapter 21,

—Fabian's POV—

"So you're saying that there are more tunnels underneath the house?" Eddie asks.

I nod, "Yes, Last night someone, or something led me down to the cellar and into Frobisher-Smythes private library." Nina and the others quickly shake their heads.

"This house is full of mysteries." Patricia mutters.

"So what did this thing look like that lead you down there?" Alfie asks as he sits down on the floor crossing his legs Indian-style.

"I don't know, I didn't actually see anything or anyone." I pause. "A vanilla scent lead me down there."

"A scent?" Amber questions looking intrigued.

"Yeah and I felt as if someone was watching me the whole time." I admit shivering at the thought. I hear a female giggle in my head and my eyes go wide.

"Fabian what's wrong?" Eddie asks standing and moving toward me.

"I just heard a girl giggle in my head." I answer placing my hands on each side of my head. "I think I'm going crazy."

"Maybe a Goddess is talking to you. I mean Osiris talks to me sometimes." Eddie pats my shoulder.

"Yeah could be." I answer and I turn toward Nina. "Nina does Horus talk to you?"

"I think so. And I remember that Gracie said something about Isis talking to her too." Nina sighs her eyes moving to the floor.

"But what Goddess would be talking to me?" I ask, "I mean I've never heard this voice before."

"I don't know." They both answer, as the room goes quiet.

I'm the Wandering Goddess, also known as the Lost Child.

"She just talked again." I say aloud. "And from my smarts in Egyptian Mythology, I believe she is Kebechet, daughter of Anubis and Anput."

"The Goddess of embalming liquid." Nina finishes, giving me a small smile. Us working together reminded me of when we first met and were searching for Ankh cup pieces.

"Maybe she is helping us because she is Anubis's daughter." Patricia adds in.

"Could be." Eddie replies.

"So Fabian are you going to show us where these new tunnels are or what?" Alfie asks impatiently. "I've been itching to solve a mystery again." He admits.

"Me too." Amber grins. This is good, everyone is becoming happy again. We need to stop sulking and solve these mysteries.

"Tonight meet in the foyer about fifteen minutes after Victor's curfew call." I smile to everyone.

"Sibuna." Nina puts her right hand to her right eye.

"Sibuna." We all answer as we mimic her actions.

—-

After Victor said his usual threatening get to bed now call we all met up in the foyer and quietly headed down into the cellar.

"It's odd going through the tunnels this way." Patricia mutters.

"Yeah we used to go in through the mummy case which by passed the whole first half of the tunnels." Eddie sighs, knowing that we won't be able to go that way anymore, unless we recruit Sophie.