Chapter 4: Rescue Me

Written by: DGrayManLover

Chapter 4

When Joy and Harvey came today. Patricia went to talk to Joy and Eddie distracted Harvey.

Fabian, Amber, Alfie and I sit waiting for Patricia to come back with the news. "So your sure Victor has a tear of gold." Alfie says.

"yes 100% sure." I say. "wait, I just had a brilliant idea. Amber, you, Alfie and I should go spy on Victor. Fabian, try to get ahold of Nina."

"ok let's meet in front of the mummy case in five minutes." Alfie says

Amber and I head upstairs and I go get my locket. I make sure that Sophie's locket is still hidden and it is. She thinks that what happened was a dream. I am so lucky, because if Sophie thought it was real everyone would know about it. I meet Amber in her room, "Here you might need this." She says as she hands me a necklace. "Its an amulet that protects us in the tunnels from any booby traps."

"Ok" I say taking the amulet and sliding it over my head. "We could be down there awhile, so wear something comfy." I leave Amber in her room and i go see where Victor is. Yes, he's in his office right now. I see Alfie casually walking around near the mummy case. Amber joins me and we walk down together.

The three of us sneak down to the cellar together, Alfie hides in a cabinet and Amber and I hide behind a wall. I get my phone out and text Fabian, "Have you called Nina yet?"

A few seconds later he says, "no im going to wait until Patricia comes back first."

Then i say, "Text me when you see Victor go into the cellar." I make sure my cell's volume is on silent.

He texts back and says, "ok i will."

About 10 minutes later i got a text from Fabian saying, "He is on his way down, you guys be careful."

I look at Amber, we both put our right hand to our right eye, and whisper "Sibuna."

I look around the corner and see Victor at his table mixing liquids, everynow in then he pause and look at his ring.

I look at my phone to see what time it is and i have a text from Fabian. It says, "Gracie, you need to get back up here, we have some issues." I show Amber the message.

I decide that instead of whisper and risk getting caught i'll type what i want to say to Amber instead.

So i typed, "How are we supposed to get out of here with Victor still down here?" I showed it to her and she shrugs.

I text Fabian back, "Victor is still down here, unless you can get him out, we are stuck down here for awhile."

I go back to spying on Victor, Then he says something and heads upstairs,"Amber come on." i say, we grab Alfie and we slowly creep up the stairs. When we reach the top we hear Victor yelling. He isnt in the foyer so we all scramble into it. Alfie runs down the hall and to his door, "Come on guys." He says. We run quietly down the hall and into Alfies room.

When we walk in Jerome is sitting on his bed with his computer on his lap. "Whoa, was Victor yelling at you guys."

"No" i say. I look at Amber. "Amber, Alfie, lets go talk to Joy and Harvey." We make sure Victor isnt in the hall or foyer before we break for the living room.

"Who was Victor yelling at?" Alfie says.

"Me" Eddie says.

"Why." Amber says.

"We had to get you guys out of there somehow." Fabian says smiling.

"Guys we need to talk, but someplace more private." Patricia says with a straight face. Oh gosh what has happened now.

"We can talk in my room." Amber says.

We all head upstairs and i sneak a peek at Victor's office, he isnt in there, which means he's still in the cellar working on the elixir. I am the last one to enter Ambers room so i close the door behind me.

"So what do we need to talk about?" Alfie says. Sitting by Amber on her bed. I sit on the floor next to Patricia and Fabian.

Patricia says. "Well Joy is..." Then the door flies open, we all jump back and Victor steps in.Now what, i say to myself.

"It is past 10 o'clock, beds now."Victor says. All of us get up and walk back to our rooms. When i get to mine i see that Sophie is still up.

"Where have you been? Sneaking around with Fabian?" Sophie says.

I smack my hand against my face, "Sophie, i am going to tell you like i did the other day, Fabian and i are just friends."

"Yeah, keep telling yourself that." She says."Ah, i can see it now, Gracie Rutter.. someday in your twenties you guys having ki...." I am so mad right now but i can still feel my cheeks go red.

"SOPHIE SHUT-UP" i yell. I turn off the light and lay on my bed.

"Ok, whatever you say." Sophie says and she turns of her bedside lamp.

-----

"Mrs. Rutter." Someone says. Oh Fabian's mom must be here.

"Gracie Rutter." Someone says. Is Fabian's mom named Gracie, wait my name is Gracie.

I turn and see a woman standing not far from me. "Uhm my name is Gracie Ross, not Gracie Rutter."

"No, your Mrs. Rutter, your Fabian's wife, you got married 6 years ago, i was the only one in pink." the girl says.

I have to be dreaming. "Oh right."

"Anyways i wanted to tell you that i am the one that is babysitting your kids tonight." she walks off.

I have kids, How many? With Fabian, oh gosh i am never going to be able to look at him the same.

Then a light flashes and i am in a house. There are lots of picture frames. I look and one its me in a wedding dress and Fabian in a tux . I look at the others, in one there are two kids with us, a girl and a boy. I pick up the picture frame and take out the picture, i look on the back and it says, "Fabian, and Gracie Rutter with their kids, Annabell and Mason Rutter."

Then i see Sophie and she says, "I told you so."

--

I wake up in my bed all sweaty. Oh it was just a dream. I looked over at my alarm clock and it was 6:30. I go take a shower and by then its breakfast.

I go down and i cant even look at Fabian, but i give in when he says, "Sibuna meeting before school in Amber's room."

We all pile into Ambers room.

"Ok, Patricia says, "Joy is being blackmailed by Harvey, he knows all about how she almost died and that she was after something."

" what He doesnt know is that we all are in on it too or that we were after the Atef crown, the mask, or the cup of ankh." Eddie says.

"So he is blackmailing her so she willdate him, that doesnt make any sense." Alfie says.

"Yeah and how did he find out?" I say.

"She doesnt know, she never brought it up anywhere except for around here with Sibuna." Patricia says.

"this is worse than i thought." Amber says.

"Yeah." i say.

"Thats not all" Fabian says. "I cant get ahold of Nina." My stomach did a turn. I knew something was up.

"Try her again, maybe she had bad cell service." Eddie says.

Fabian dials her number and we all get quiet. We hear some kind of music start playing in the room. "Shh, Who's playing that music." I say. I look around and everyone shrugs their shoulders.

-----

(What has happened to Nina?)

(Does Harvey know more than he is telling Joy?)
Video: Roco Drama - Shin Hye Sung (Shinhwa)
(Let me know what you think!!)

-DGrayManLover