Chapter 5: What Lies Beneath

Written by: DGrayManLover

Chapter 5,

So we sat around in Amber's room and Fabian was calling Nina. Some music just started playing throughout the room.

"Shh, Whos playing that music?" I say. I look around the room and everybody shrugged their shoulders.

I stood up and the music got louder when i got closer to Nina's bed. Then it stopped. "She didnt answer." Fabian says.

"Fabian call her again." I say.

"ok" He says. The music starts up again, i followed the noise of it and it lead to inside Nina's side table. I opened up her drawer and there laid her cellphone.

"Guys look." i put her cellphone up for everyone to see. I looked at saw that she had 4 missed calls from Fabian.

"Well, she could of forgot it but it is weird that she didnt take it." Patricia says. Fabian looks depressed.

"Dont worry Fabian, we will find out if she's ok somehow." Amber says.

"Wait we have her phone, lets call her Gran and see if she's there." I say. "Fabian you call her."

"Ok" he says. I hand him her phone. He finds Gran in her contacts and hits call.

"Hey this is Fabian, i'm fine, uhm is Nina with you." Fabian has this mortified look on his face.

Then he covers the phone, "She's not there, what do i say?"

"Tell her nevermind she just called and said she was studying at another house." Alfie says.

He nods and tells her.

"What happened to Nina? More importantly where is she?" I say. Fabian looks really upset.

"Maybe she is trapped in the tunnels like Sophie was" Amber says working her secret smarts.

"Amber your a genius!" I say.

"I know, i am arent I," Amber says.

"Lets go down after curfew." Eddie says.

"I'll bring my locket." i say.

Everyone goes to their rooms except Fabian and I. Amber and i were trying to cheer him up.

"Come on Fabian, we will find her." Amber says.

"It is ten o'clock, you have five minutes and then i want to hear a pin drop." Victor voice sounds throughout the house.

"Looks like Victor is getting back to being himself again." I say. Fabian and I say goodnight to Amber. We go our separate ways and i wait until its five minutes after 10.

I get up and get ready to walk out when i hear Sophie say, "Sneaking out to see Fabian."

"Look, Sophie i dont have time for this, i have to go."

"So you are?" She says. "Goodluck"

"Whatever." I am beyond mad now.

I meet Amber and Patricia in the hall and we sneak down together. Victor is in his office writing in a little notebook. When we get down there the boys arent there yet so we wait. I noticed that the cellar door was open.

Finally they come i unlock the mummy case. Then we hear footsteps. Alfie, Amber, and Eddie run into the mummy case. Victors office door opens and his footsteps come faster. I close the mummy case behind Eddie and Fabian, Patricia and I run down into the cellar. We hide behind a wall. Victor's footsteps come down the cellar stairs. I get a text from Amber, "Where are you?" Luckly my phone is on silent.

"Go ahead and go see if she is there, Victor is on the prowl." I text back.

Fabian pats my shoulder, and points over to Victor. He is looking at a bookshelf. He lifts his hands to the top and is moving something. Then the bookcase moves. "Whoa," i say to myself. Then Patricia, grabs me and we walk over to the bookcase. We wait awhile.

"Where are we going" i say.

"This leads to the tunnels. i hope you have an amulet on you." Fabian says. I nod. He puts his hands up on top of the book case and changes numbers and the bookcase slides open. We walk in and Patricia immediatly walks over to another bookcase. She pulls us over and she pulls down a book and the bookcase turns us around with it. They stood there for a minute.

"What are you guys doing," i step forward and nothing happens.

"I guess we dont have to go through that anymore." Patricia says.

We walk until Fabian stops us, "This is different, they didnt use to be a hallway down that way."

"Yeah," Patricia says. I go down that hallway and they are close behind. I walk until i see Victor's shadow. I stop. "What." Patricia whispers.

"I see Victors shadow." I whisper back. I quietly walk closer, i look around the corner.

I get a text from Amber, "Nina isnt down here." I get a good look at what Victor is looking at.

"Thats ok i think we've found her." I say. Then i try to get closer and i trip and fall out in the open. Victor turns.

"What are you doing down here? Answer me child!"

----

(This one is really short, sorry i wanted a cliffhanger!!)

(Let me know what you think!! I'd sure appreciate a vote or a fan too!)

(Thx for reading!)

-DGrayManLover