Chapter 23: Coming Back Down

Written By: DGrayManLover

(A/N: Idk why but after I edited some in this chapter and other chapters up to chapter 26 on my ipad it changed the format, so it's like one big paragraph-looking thing...Sorry about this, I will get around to fixing this sometime or another...)

Chapter 23,

—Nina's POV—

"So I say we go into the tunnels again tonight. We need to somehow get to the center. There has to be a hidden platform somewhere." I say, turning to Fabian.

He nods, "So Sophie ready for your first mission?"

"Yes!" She grins wide. She's so different from Gracie but at the same time they're so much alike. She swats her blonde curls behind her and heads toward the door. "Wait, where are we going?" She stops and turns.

"You'll see. But first I think we have too many people to all go down there." Fabian notes. "Some of us should stay up here so Victor doesn't get suspicious."

"Okay, Fabian, Eddie and I'll take Sophie down with us. You guys stay up here and keep an eye on Victor and any of the others, text us if anything happens."

"Okay." Patricia nods. Amber and Alfie leave first and Patricia slowly follows.

"To the kitchen we go." Eddie smiles.

"What are we getting a snack or something?" Sophie asks. Gosh, I don't know how long I'm going to be able to put up with her.

"Just wait." Fabian answers, clearly annoyed. We act casual as we walk down the stairs past Victor's office. He wasn't inside so that meant he was in the basement, this could end up being a fail as a mission.

"You guys get in the kitchen, I'll get him up here." Alfie says flying down the stairs behind us. Patricia and Amber follow in suit rambling on about how rowdy he was.

We head into the kitchen and I pull out my locket and put it into place the opening slid open and Sophie gasps. "So cool." She jumps up and down.

"I'll go first, Sophie you follow behind." I say. I'm halfway through the tunnel when I hear Victor yelling at who I assumed was Alfie. I hurried through the rest of the tunnel, everyone else in close pursuit. We ran to the bookshelf and entered, it clicked shut behind us and Fabian already had the couch cushin up, Eddie was halfway down the staircase.

"Wow this is so unreal." Sophie mutters. I rush her into the passage way and Fabian followed behind making sure to close the door. The lights lit up the path and we continued until we found the door. After the door was open we entered the room, holding Sophie back so she didn't fall.

It still looked the same, a small pathway ran along the outer walls, and a deep chasm that kept us from the circular center of the room, some sort of contraption lied on the platform in the middle, it was where we needed to be.

"Have you guys been on the other side yet?" Sophie asks.

"Yes, it's just a small room and a doorway out into the forest behind the house." Fabian says, looking across the room at the dark doorway. I wonder what happened to him over there, he was gone quite a while to just find a room and a doorway. I don't dare question him though, he told us about meeting Kebechet over there, but what did she say and do?

Sophie enters the small platform that was a little larger than the rest of the pathway that continued along the wall. The one in front of the door was big enough to fit three people while the other could fit only one. She looked over the room and her eyes stopped above the door.