Chapter 14: Know Your Enemy

Written By: DGrayManLover

A/N: So basically this is happening right as Mara is being trapped in the tunnels. Also this chapter might be kind of boring.. If so, sorry.. :.(

Chapter 14,

--Joy's POV

I'm in my personal jail. I'm never left alone, except to go to the bathroom, or to sleep. Harvey follows me everywhere, and the worst part is I can't break-up with him because somehow he has found out about Sibuna and everything about the Anubis house, the tunnels, the mask of Anubis which is now long gone, the tears of gold which are gone with the mask, the cup of Ankh which is gone too, and the wings of Isis which are currently being held by Gracie and Sophie Ross. Harvey stops and turns to look behind me, "Ah you've made it father!"

Father?? "Harvey! It's so good to see you.." That voice, it sounds oddly familar. "And you Joy, it's good to see you again. It's been awhile hasn't it?" I flinch as he talks to me. That voice it's impossible, he can't be here.

I turn to face him. "Rufus? I..I thought you were gone?"

"You thought wrong. Dear..."

"How?" I step back only to bump into Harvey, who prevented me from moving any farther away.

"Oh Senkhara and I made a deal. So now we are working together." No. This isn't good! The others are in danger. I hear someones phone beep. "Ah, not only that but we are using the Two Who Are One as pawns. We have the Wings of Isis in ours hands, and Senkhara and I are unstoppable." No, this is horrible.

"The Two Who Are One? You mean Gracie and Sophie? How?" I need more information.

"Well you see, by controlling one of the twins, you can control both of them because one of them isn't real in the first place. Like their name suggest, The Two Who Are One."

"Huh?" I say confused. "One of them isn't real? I don't understand."

"Sophie is the real girl. Gracie is just a split personality that has created it's own body and the God Isis has allowed it to live.Well, it isn't really alive, anymore." Rufus says as he glares at me with stern eyes.

"Anymore, so it, I mean Gracie is dead?"

"Yeah, she offered her life for Sophie. Which even if Sophie was killed Gracie would of been as well. Since they are linked." I give him a confused look. "They share the same soul, and basically the same brain as well, that's how we can control them both at the same time."

"Oh no..." His phone beeps again.

"Ah another pawn has fallen into our grasps."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"We now have Mara Jeffrey locked away." No Mara but she hasn't done anything? Why?

"I don't see your plans. Why do you have Mara? She hasn't done anything?"

"Once Senkhara is done getting rid of the twins, those other in your secret gang will be looking for Mara, and then we can get rid of Nina Martin as well as her locket the eye of horus and the wings of Isis. And then there will be no one else in our way." He sighs. "Except Victor Rodenmarr. Who is still after enternal life just as Senkhara and I are." He sighs once more. "Maybe we will be able to strike a deal with him as well."

"I don't get why you have told me all of this. I'm just going to go tell them." I start to walk away from them both.

They both laugh. "You think I'd actually tell you our plans and let you live." I stop, let me live.

"Does this mean that you're going to get rid of me aswell?"

"Probably." This time it was Harvey who spoke.

"Joy Mercer, who have been a pawn this whole time. You're the one who got Harvey access to the Anubis House."

"Huh?" I turn to face them again.

"Yeah, you allowed me to infiltrate the Anubis House without being suspected. I even followed that little gang with the name Sibuna into the tunnels. While there at that house, I discovered that Victor has a tear of gold, the cup of Ankh is still together and that Gracie wasn't really Sophie's twin, just a split personality that was once a part of her." Harvey laughs.

"Uh... How?" I can't believe I actually let him into the Anubis House. I caused all of this, and I moved because I thought I caused all the trouble. Come to find out I still cause them trouble hours away from that House.

"How what?" He sighs.

"How did you find out that I had moved here and How did you find out that Gracie wasn't real?"

"It was easy. I had been on your school campus the day you left. I followed you here." I shivered. He was basically a stalker. "As for Gracie not being real.. It was obivous when talking to Sophie that she was missing something. Sophie was dumb, loved attention, girly and quite talkative. Whereas Gracie is the complete opposite. It was almost as if Gracie was the smart, quiet, tomboyish side of Sophie. After doing some research I found out that Sophie didn't have a twin and that she often talked to herself. Later when she had become a teenager they figured out that she had a split personality and that's why she moved to this school. But I guess when she arrived Gracie somewhere along the way here had emerged and was visible to everyone else."

"That can't possibly been on a file. How did you find out all of that?"

"I asked Sophie's childhood friends, her mother and the cab driver."

"This is crazy." I start to back away. I need to get out of here and get back to the others!!

I bumped into something. "And where do you think you're going?" It was Rufus. During the time I was talking to Harvey he must of gotten behind me. "Let's go my pawn."

"Yes, indeed. We will be the one to finally end this long played chess game." Harvey smirks.

"You won't get away with this."

"Watch us." They both say.

----

A/N: So what did you think?? Seems like you now know what the Two Who Are One, are really now? What do you think's going to happen?

To the right is another very old cover! :O

-DGrayManLover :D