Chapter 10: What We've Overcome

Written By: DGrayManLover

A/N: The beginning part of This chapter was happening at the same time the others were!! half of it is in the present.

Chapter 10,

--Amber's POV

"Alfie." I say pounding on the now closed door. "Come on guys, we can't leave them in the hands of senkhara. "

"Maybe we should tell Victor?" Eddie says.

"Tell me what?" Victor voice echos throughout the hallway we were standing in.

"Uh nothing." Patricia says.

"Where is the rest of your little group?" He says.

"What group?" I ask playing dumb.

"Nevermind." He says cleary frustrated. "To your rooms now!" He says.

We all run out of the tunnels and back into the cellar. Victor didn't follow us. We walked back upstairs and waited for him to reappear.

--Jerome's POV

(The next day)

Alfie didn't come back to our room last night. What has happened to him? Ever since Rufus kidnapped me, I've been super causious.

I went to breakfast hoping he would be there, but he wasn't. In fact, Nina, Fabian, and Alfie were gone. Wait and one of the twins was gone too! Is Sibuna together again? And did they induct another new member?

Why is it that they trust a girl that they've known for a month or two, and not a guy they've known for over 2 years. I looked at Amber and I could tell she was upset.

The twin that wasn't missing was sitting beside her. "Uhm excuse me... what's your name again, I can't figure out who's who?"

"Oh it's ok, I'm Sophie." She says. "My sister's Gracie."

"Uhm Sophie do you mind if I talk to Amber for a minute?" I ask. She nods and gets up and leaves.

"What do you want Jerome?" Amber says.

"Where are Nina, Fabian and Alfie?" I ask.

"Oh Nina, and Fabian went to see Nina's Gran, and Alfie went to visit his mom and dad." She says, avoiding looking at my face.

"What about the new girl Gracie?" I ask.

"I don't know ask Sophie!" Amber says, looking down.

Somethings going down, maybe Gracie was kidnapped by Rufus and trapped and Fabian, Nina, and Alfie went to free her. Maybe they're in those tunnels, under the library. I'm going to find out.

(Later that night)

"It's 10o'clock, and you have five minutes and then I want to hear a pin drop." Victor bellows throughout the house. I wait until I hear his footsteps go up the steps, and then I exit my room. I quietly walk to the front door. I open it and close it behind me. I make my way to the library.

I make it there and go to the door, lucky me its unlocked. I go in and find the button that opens the bookcase. I crawl through and make my way the oppsite way. I go through the tunnels, and come to a room with bottled liquids, a room with giant fake spiders on the wall, and over to a small bridge. Then it splits. I take the left way, and come to a dead end. I turn and retrace my steps, and this time I go the other way. It was a hallway that came to an end. There was a door there, I tried to push it open and It cracked open a bit, just big enough for me to fit through. When I got through I looked around room and saw Nina, Fabian, Alfie and Gracie in glass tubes. What is going on, it looks like a mad scientist laboratory. Gracie's tube was going back down into the floor. I ducked behind a rock and watched as a smoky figure appoach Gracie. It was that smoky lady that took control of Nina. I thought she died. I look back up just in time to see the smoky figure enter Gracie.