Chapter 8: Boulevard of Broken Dreams (Fabian)

Written By: DGrayManLover

Unedited

Chapter 8,

--Fabian's POV--

"Fabian wakeup." A girl's voice says, waking me from my sleep. I opened my eyes there was Gracie standing at the end of my bed. She has her blonde hair up in a ponytail and she's in our school uniform. I look at my alarm clock, 7:00 A.M.

"Why so early?" I ask. She smiles, and bats her eyelashes. This didnt seem like her at all.

"Secret Date thats why!" She says, moving over herself to the door, quietly so she doesnt wake Eddie.

"What" I say to myself. She does know that Nina and I are back together, right?

"Come on get dressed in something nice." She says smiling. "I'll wait outside for you." She walks out and shuts the door quietly.

"I am going to be in so much trouble for this with Nina!" I sigh and slide one of my nicer shirts on over my head. "I dont want to hurt Gracie's feelings so i guess i'm doing this." I button my pants up and put my jacket on.

I walk out the door, closing it quietly behind me. As soon as i walk out i notice Gracie, and she is in a purple strapless dress that falls just above the knees. She had on purple heels and her hair wasnt straight as it usual is, it was curled and it came just below her shoulders.

"Wow," I say. Now i feel stupid and i know i'm blushing. She was really pretty, not that she isnt without being all dressed up. "You look..."

"Thanks." She says, she grabs my hand and turns to walk upstairs.Once we are upstairs i try to walk quietly pass Nina and Amber's room. I dont want to ruin Nina and mines relantionship again. I am not good with girls, the hole Joy and Nina thing. I cant say no to them usually.

We walk up to the attic and we reach the door. "Close your eyes." She says. So I do. I hear the door creek open. "Okay you can open your eyes now." I open my eyes and there is Nina and some guy standing in formal attire.

Nina is in a green dress, it isnt as flashy as Gracie's but it suites Nina, her hair is in its usual state. "What is going on Nina?" I ask.

"We are on a double date." Nina says. "Me and you." She points to me. "And Gracie and Aidan." She points to Gracie and the guy. I have a huge relief, not that i dont like Gracie or anything like that, its just i dont want to ruin our friendship. I mean Nina and I dont get along that well when we arent together. And i'm not going to be in trouble with Nina for this.

We sar around and talked for awhile. I looked at my watch, 7:45.

"Almost time for school guys, lets get out of here." I say. "Bye Aidan."

"I go to the same school as you Fabian, so i think i'll just walk with you guys." Aidan says. He moves his head, swaying his brown hair to the side.

"Oh really since when?" I ask rudely. I dont know why i was acting like this. Maybe i do have feelings for Gracie?

He seems shocked, "Just about 2 weeks ago my mom died from cancer, and my dad already has a girlfriend, so he sent me here to boarding school." He says, looking down. Gracie gives me a look.

"Gosh, Fabian, dont be so rude!" Nina says. She grabs my hand and pulls me out and we stop before we get to her door.

"I'm sorry i was so rude back there," I say.

"It's ok." She says. She steps on her tippy toes and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

--

Then i am at breakfast. This is weird, i was just outside Nina's room. Gracie isnt here and Nina is sitting by Eddie. I sit in my usual spot. I turn to Patricia and ask, "Why is Nina setting by Eddie?"

She looks up to me, "You mean they didnt tell you yet?" She looks upset.

"Tell me what?" I ask.

"They are dating, now." She says looking down at her plate. My jaw drops. Nina and Eddie are together, why, i felt my heart drop. I've already had to deal with this once. I dont think i can do this again. I need Gracie, to help me through this.

"Where is Gracie?" I ask.

Patricia looks even more upset. "Fabian, do you really have to bring that up agian." She is crying now, she gets up and walks out.

I turn to Amber, "Amber, where is Gracie?"

"Fabian, I know your upset about her sacriticing herself in the tunnels, but you seriously need to stop bringing it up, look what you did to Patricia again" Amber says and she gets up and runs after Patricia.

What, but Gracie didnt die. She came back. Something isnt right.

I went down to the tunnels and and i saw Gracies picture in a frame with flowers by the side near the cage that she sacrificed herself in. "No" I say. I realize i am crying.

A flash of light takes me over. I am in the tunnels but im inside a cylinder. I remember now. I look around the room and i see Alfie, Gracie and Nina in cylinders just like me. I see Senkhara standing infront of my cylinder.

"Sleep" she says. My eyes close unwillingly and I begin to fall asleep again.

-----

A/N: What do you think? Just let me know. I really would like a vote if you like this chapter, it would help me out a lot!
Video: Target by Romeo
(I've changed the guy Lucas's name to Aidan.)

-DGrayManLover