Chapter 24: Half Of Her, All Of Me

Written By: DGrayManLover

Chapter 24,

—Nina's POV—

I dial Fabian's number and he answers on the first ring.

"Nina?"

"Fabian, what's going on above?" I ask casually, I had finally seemed to calm down after my scare, I guess the end of the chasm wasn't that far from the last step afterall.

"A bridge has appeared that leads over to the center platform. It came out of the walls."

"What's in the center of the platform?"

"It kind of looks like an old clock, maybe like a mix between a clock and a sundial. But it only moves clockwise, it refuses to move the other way, it has a place for your eye of Horus necklace and another locket aswell."

Hmm, " So there is another Horus locket. It's down here somewhere, do you think we have enough time to look for it tonight?"

"Probably not but we can for awhile." He says, back. "Is there still a way down there?"

"Yeah." I pause looking for the stairs, they had seemed to get bigger now, they pertruded from the wall more and were thicker. "Just stay close to the wall when coming down."

"Okay, we're on our way."

I hung up on him and looked around the room. Where could it be hidden?

"Nina." I heard Fabian's voice after a while.

"Fabian." I greeted him, and nodded at Eddie and Sophie.

Sophie stared at me intently. Her eyes were wide with some emotion I've never seen before. She tore her eyes away from me and I relaxed, maybe she was afraid of heights and was just now getting over it.

I showed them the sun and the moon eye that were painted on the wall. We continued to look around the room. I found a small vent that was barely visible on the bottom of the huge circular platform. It was on the opposite side of the door. I dusted away the dust and spider webs that clung to it and I noticed it was just big enough for a person to fit it. If they squeezed.

I felt someone tap me on the back, I turned as I felt my locket being ripped from around my neck. I looked up at a wide-eyed Sophie, she clung to the locket, what was wrong with her?

"Neferhor." She spoke.

"Sophie, give me back my locket!" I went to grab for it but she grabbed ahold of my arm and slung me half-way across the room, I fell onto the floor with a thud. That's when I knew that she wasn't herself.

"Neferhor." She spoke again, whats Neferhor? Sophie turned back to my locket before looking over to vent. She cocked her head to the side to look at it. It was kind of creeping me out.

Soon Fabian and Eddie were by my side. They helped me up and looked over at Sophie as she pulled the vent away and got to her knees. She then crawled through the entrance and into it.

"Where is she going?" Fabian asks.

"I don't know but she took my locket and she defintely is possessed by something. Good or bad, I don't know." I answer. "She said something, I think it was Neferhor?"

Fabian grabs at his neck and he looks over to me shocked, "She took mine too!"

"Fabian, what are you talking about? You don't have a locket?"

"Yes I do. It's in the shape of a lotus. Kebechet gave it to me." He sighs. This was totally something he was keeping from us.

"I'm going to follow her." Eddie says, rushing to the vent. He enters behind her and he slowly disappears.